ESA and Income Protection

crazyfj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3049 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

ESA and Income Protection

Hi,

I have suffered for MS for 8 years and went of work in March 2015. When my SSP ran out I was advised to apply for ESA and my Income protection started at the same time. I did not have any issues with the ESA application, no medical and put into a support group.

Today I have opened a letter asking if I'am working. So i phoned them and advised that them I was employed but not working and getting (Income Protection) I also advised that I confirmed all this upfront in the application. They pay 66% less esa. It was funded by my employer

Anyway sorry going on, the problem I have is I get two answers, one person said it will be fine and the second person says my ESA will stop as I get Income Protection. This is very important to me as I won't be able to pay bills if this happens. The income protection is paid monthly via my work (includes tax, NI and pension)

Does anyone know which version is correct?

thanks (ps sorry for bad English)

Anyone able to offer any help on this? today they phoned to advise that they are stopping my payments until they confirm. Unum have replied saying no and I went to CAB today and they said they are unsure.