style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3055 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

After waiting 10 weeks for payment because a month in arrears and then a two week wait till end of month pay date,

so at last the day has come for payment 31st dec 2015 i got 554.00 pound out of after tax 1660.00 and he wont tell me when i get the rest, other work mate told me it will be in two or three payments over a couple of weeks, not good enough is it, what can i do,

Only one real option and that is to make a formal written complaint if you cannot get a straight answer face to face - is this a sole trader or a company?

The failure to pay wages is a breach of contract and also a breach of the Employment Rights Act, actionable through a Court or an Employment Tribunal. The employer would be liable not only for the unpaid wages but also damages for any out of pocket expenses incurred such as bank charges etc.

Problem is that legal action takes time, so even if you were to write a Letter Before Claim or actually register the claim with an ET, the chances are that your employer would have paid up by that point anyway, so probably best to put your complaint in writing and ask for a formal meeting to discuss the situation. You could then seek clarification over what has happened and gain assurances that it won't happen again - perhaps pointing out that if you were to take action to recover the money it would cost the employer a significant amount over and above what is owed.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Are you on an emergency tax code ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Guest topcat14

First question is ...did you submit a P45 or P46 equvilant ? It may not be the employers fault at all ! You may..... rightly or wrongly owe money for income tax ?