Pay of Crossrail chief Andrew Wolstenholme soars to £700,000

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3062 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

The pay packet of Crossrail chief Andrew Wolstenholme increased by almost a quarter to £700,000 this year — making him one of Britain’s highest paid public sector bosses.

A total of 81 TfL and Crossrail executives earned more than the Prime Minister’s salary of £142,500.

Link

Says it all I think, when did the likes of Joe Public have a 25% pay increase on public money.

Seeing as he is in charge of an aprox £15BILLION project, his salary is actually fairly modest. If it were in the private sector, his salary would probably be above £1m.

You aren't going to get good leaders or executives if you pay below market salaries. Just because it is government funded does not mean you can pay substantially below market rates - you simply won't attract qualified, experienced leadership- they'll just go elsewhere privately, and the government will be stuck!

In fairness, the project seems to be coming along very well and will deliver fantastic benefits to London and surrounding areas, far in excess of the capital costs.

For such an important project, with high national benefits, I'd rather know I am paying someone who will be committed enough to get things done right, first time, rather than pay someone half the cost, with half the experience.

(If I have my zeros right, his pay is a tiny 0.005% of the overall budget, i.e. negligible, almost nil impact overall).

Then perhaps the Prime Minister and others heading government departments should get similar salaries ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

And the countries leader is in charge of trillions. How can some stuffed shirt living on pensioners and low paid people, ie the taxpayer (plus fines) be worth that. He is on double what his counterpart in New York gets but does sod all for it, well maybe the odd crossword.

He will be driven around in one of the 45 Audi A6 or 67 BMW 5 series or 678 Mercedes S class cars hired by his office, again paid for by the taxpayer. Don't tell me Mr 'oh it's January lets put the rail fairs up' is worth it.

Edited by Conniff