Which Insurers use ALBANY claim management?

tobyjugg2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I think it would be useful for CAGers to list which insurance companies use Albany Assistance for claim management given the widespread reports of Albanys practices which it seems many find troubling, including:

Excessive charge bump up for hire cars

Requiring fully comp insurance holders (including those with hire car included on their policies) to sign credit agreements

Long unreasonably drawn out periods where nothing happens

It would seem Albany wont do ANYTHING unless you sign a finance agreement and agree to their inflated car hire.

Google: albany assistance claim management problems

Please include a link or two, or your personal experience supporting any companies inclusion

Heres the first I've found who apparently use them. Please correct any that are wrong

Hastings Direct (confirmed by reps of Albany and HD here on CAG)

(http://forums.mercedesclub.org.uk/archive/index.php/t-119377.html)

(CAG search Albany)

Admiral (I was considering Admiral for my renewal)

(http://kwaichi.com/2012/07/17/terrible-cold-calling-whiplash-claim-companies/)

(http://www.theguardian.com/money/2012/jul/06/albany-elephant-car-crash-claim-excess)

Diamond

(http://commonvehicleproblems.com/non-fault-accident-been-reffered-to-albany-assistance.html)

Now I'm not saying that any other claim management companies are any better, but these folk do seem to me to lead the way to a world of stress, pain and disappointment at a time when you will already have more than enough - quite the opposite of what they should be doing it seems to me.

When I pay fully comp insurance, I want service, not grief if the worst did happen.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

don't worry me - wifes insurance put her onto albany

so far nothing really heard but thats because the other side has still not admited liability - something we expect to change as soon as they see the dashcam video

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

don't worry me - wifes insurance put her onto albany

so far nothing really heard but thats because the other side has still not admited liability - something we expect to change as soon as they see the dashcam video

Is it one of the insurers listed labrat?

Please keep us posted.

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

its admiral

they have already confirmed that from the video the O/H was proceeding correctly and the other party turned across her path

but so far the other side has not confirmed or denied liability - they havent seen the video yet

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

its admiral

they have already confirmed that from the video the O/H was proceeding correctly and the other party turned across her path

but so far the other side has not confirmed or denied liability - they havent seen the video yet

Be interesting to hear what happens seeing the reports that even police convictions can't seem to convince them if the other insurer/party doesn't accept liability.

• 2 weeks later...

Albany are just a claims management company like many others. They don't really help you much to the extent that you may as well handle the claim yourself because that is easier than trying to get Albany to do something useful. I think it very unfair of Admiral to Palm you off to Albany for third-party liability claims; they should be there to help you recover your costs NOT to stitch you up with an expensive credit hire car for which you might have to pay if the TP won't.

Albany are just a claims management company like many others. They don't really help you much to the extent that you may as well handle the claim yourself because that is easier than trying to get Albany to do something useful. I think it very unfair of Admiral to Palm you off to Albany for third-party liability claims; they should be there to help you recover your costs NOT to stitch you up with an expensive credit hire car for which you might have to pay if the TP won't.

I agree, a significant part of my choices not to consider HD or Admiral for my renewal, although there were other reasons to not continue with HD as noted elsewhere here.

Strange thing is they are touted as managing it for you, but they just seem to manage it for their own interests at your expense if that is what is in their interests

• 6 months later...

Admiral put me into the Albany system after I was rear-ended at a junction. They and their providers have been a bleepin nightmare:-

I took it to their appointed accident repair centre - I had no choice in the matter - and showed them the cosmetic paint and light bumper damage.

The ARC said they would go back to Albany for authorization to do the work.

I was told initially it would take 5 days, despite having had similar repairs effected by a mobile geezer in an afternoon.

They gave me a "like-for-like" replacement car on a credit hire agreement - with a daily cost of £208 because I have a "premium" marque (a bit rich for a 10 year old Freelander).

The work eventually took 8 days (including over a weekend), and when I asked to see a list of the works, they had seemingly dismantled and rebuilt the whole rear end of my vehicle! Not something I asked them to do, so why Albany "authorized" it I'll never know.

It's now gone to court as the Third Party have admitted negligence but are refusing to pay the excessive hire charges. AND *I* AM NOW THE CLAIMANT DESPITE HAVING HAD NO CONTROL OVER ANY OF THE COSTS!

It is just a huge money-making exercise for a group of companies that are in cahoots: The accident repair centre did unnecessary work, taking too long over it, to ensure that the vehicle hire company were able to charge their hyper-inflated charges for even longer, and then giving the case to Principia Law, who are also making money out of it.

AVOID, AVOID, AVOID!! If you have an accident, get the work done yourself (at a garage you know with a courtesy car service), and use any legal cover you have (often included with fully comp car insurance) to recover your costs from the TP. Alternatively, contact the TP insurer and offer them the opportunity to effect the repairs and give you a vehicle.

This is putting all of our insurance premiums up!

there is a free assistance you can sign up to in event of accident type in freexxxxxlegal = assistance soon after accident and forget the over paid no work claims companies middle name is another name for car = not advertising a company by full name but in the interest of peeps not being conned like I was by claims company = I ended up out of pocket by another one name begins with carxxxxxs.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Check to see whether you can be added as a claimant and seek to recover your hire costs etc. I don't see why you should be stitched up, because Albany won't pursue fully.

Speak to Admiral about this, as they have some responsibility for the companies they use.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

• 4 months later...

Thought I should add a finish

Albany came through

Car fixed

Hire car no issues

Compo paid for whiplash

Only downside was other side phoning wife 6 months later screaming about how his insurance was now over £3,000

Did take a bit of time as other side was saying that there was no chance of damage as their car wasn't damaged. Video showing their bumper came off and engineers report showing our bumper mounts snapped sorted that

Please note: