Smoke Alarms & Carbon Monoxide Alarms

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3085 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As the Festive season is upon us please also remember the IMPORTANCE of ensuring that your.

1. Smoke Alarm is fully working (renew battery if required)

2. Carbon Monoxide Alarm is fully working (if fitted renew batteries if required)

BE SAFE THIS FESTIVE SEASON

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Good Point mariner51

My own HA Tenant is responsible for checking smoke alarm if fitted and replacing battery clause in Tenancy Agreement (unless it is a wired installation).

Also Check with your Local Fire Service as they may do Free Home Safety Checks or Smoke Alarms or both.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Under rel recent rel legislation (Oct15) it fALL Ts resp to clean/test alarm operation (pref weekly) and replace batteries as required. Wired alarms does not absolve T from regular tests. Detector sensitivity dertetiorates with age.

LL is only resp for correct operation at start of T. It is local Auth (not FB) resp to check correct installation and operation.

I believe current GSC inspection notes whether a CO detector is present on same floor/room as gas burning appliance.