YES car credit & Welcome Car Finance - Pls Help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

YES CAR QUERY:

I took out HP on a little Saxo 3 and a half years ago, therfore the car should be all paid off in March 2007. My sister uses the car although it is in my name, but she has been late quite a few times with payments (as did I when it was mine). Yes Car or should I say, Auto Car Finance charge me £15 for every letter they write - even if I had called them to say I would make the payment a day late for instance...I was wondering, is there any way to claim these or part of these charges back? As surely it isn't justified to charge £15 per letter when it is an automatically generated one in the first place???

WELCOME CAR FINANCE QUERY:

I took out a HP agreement for a car with these people a year and a half ago (as I needed a bigger car for work and my sister was making the payments for the saxo). I did try to cancel the agreement when I first got the car due to the state the car was in - mechanically - but I was advised that I had signed the deal when I got the car - on the car showroom site, and therefore I couldn't cancel...

So I kept the car. I am now moving overseas at Christmas and therefore do not want the car - if I cancel and give the car back, am I liable to make the payments to take me to the 2 year mark (of having the car)?

Also, I asked them to send me a statement a little while back - and I noticed that they had added a few £50.00 to the account for admin fees and some £5.00 for again admin fees - can they do this??

Does anyone have any information that may help me as I could really do with some advice...thank you so much...x

sent 1st let to HSBC 20/10/06 - got acknow message on online banking after I requested it. 2nd let 08/11/06 - recorded delivery...will let u know!! HSBC keep calling my mobile tho - so ignoring it!

i have an idea, but get some legal advice as well.

when you signed the contract, both you and the company agree to act in a lawful manner. the charges you mention are unlawful, meaning that the company, by charging you, have acted unlawfully, and thus have broken the terms of the contract.

dump the car on their forecourt, write to them explaining that you are no longer bound by the contract (because they have acted unlawfully) and enjoy Christmas.

post office WON 12/11/06

abbey.LBA sent 30/10/06.MCOL claim submitted 8/11/06.allocation questionnaire sent 16/12/06.schedule of charges sent 16/12/06.WON

2nd abbey claim SAR sent 3/1/07.WON.complaint letter sent 18/1/08

alliance and Leicester.WON

WELCOME CAR FINANCE QUERY:

I took out a HP agreement for a car with these people a year and a half ago (as I needed a bigger car for work and my sister was making the payments for the saxo). I did try to cancel the agreement when I first got the car due to the state the car was in - mechanically - but I was advised that I had signed the deal when I got the car - on the car showroom site, and therefore I couldn't cancel...

So I kept the car. I am now moving overseas at Christmas and therefore do not want the car - if I cancel and give the car back, am I liable to make the payments to take me to the 2 year mark (of having the car)?

Also, I asked them to send me a statement a little while back - and I noticed that they had added a few £50.00 to the account for admin fees and some £5.00 for again admin fees - can they do this??

Does anyone have any information that may help me as I could really do with some advice...thank you so much...x

You will have a voluntary termination amount on the back of the contract.

you can hand the car back at 2/3rds of the way through the amount to pay.

However Welcome won't let you give it back as they will say you have not kept it in Good enough condition.

Don't let them say no.

Get an independent assessor to look at the car and value it.

Send Welcome the Report along with your termination notice.

Advise you will be bringing the car to their local branch on the date you will be.

Before you do that write a letter to the DVLA and advise on this day that owner ship of the vehicle will Be transfered to welcome finance, enclose a copy of the letter that you send to Welcome.

If they have a back car park, then park it straight in it, and hand the keys back or if necessary throw them back make sure you photo your car in the car park.

Again make sure you video log it all.

if you let them take control of the situation you have had it.

You have to stand fast and just carry on as you know you have a right to.

You need to send them an S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) if you want the details of any extra money added to your account but if you are leaving At Christmas i dont think it will be resolved in time.

But them seeing you hand in a S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) means they have no choice but to watch how they mess you around.

Dont tell them anything about you moving abroad they will use it against you to get more money as settlement.

So send S.A.R - (Subject Access Request)

Check out local branch and area's to leave the vehicle if necessary.

Price up an assessor only if you can afford one if not just go ahead and hand it back.

Send letter advising of return of vehicle to Welcome only if you have paid 2/3rd's.

Notify DVLA of the action you will be carrying out that day.

something like thsi

" i write to advise that a hand over of owner ship will take place .......... the new owner will be Welcome Finance ....Road.... I have no log book at this time and have advised Welcome Finance of this situation and they have assured me one will be requested along with change of ownership once the car is returned"

• 3 weeks later...

You can VT the car at any point of the agreement. Welcome can not stop you doing this. The branches are targeted on the amount of debt they have written off. VT is classed as written off. They should take your request and somebody from central recoveries will call you within 24hrs. If not contact HO yourself. Branch will then be in trouble. You will howether have a liability. if you do not pay it straight away they will try to arrange a loan for it. If you hold off for a couple of weeks and ask for a settlement figure it will be very small. I have seen 4K turn to £99.

I left WFS 10 months ago and it may have changed, but from my experiance of working for the company for 4 years and running 3 branches I somewhat doubt it

btw the voluntary termination clause will limit your liability to 50% of the total amount of credit.

you will need to put the request in writing to the creditor and probably have to return the car to them yourself.

if you have had a default notice served then it will stop you being able to do it.

• 1 month later...

Thank you all for your replies...

I am having a bit of a nightmare with welcome now..

I have paid well over the half way mark of £4401 - which is tated in my agreement as me having to pay that figure before I can give the car back without owing anything on the car. BUT, they are now trying to ask for over £3k for insurance cancellation fees!!!

I am just in the middle if writing them a letter to tell them that I will not pay this money as in my agreement, it just states that I have to have paid the £4401 - which I have already paid...

They are also adding fees to the charges saying that they are fees and monthly payments that I have missed since terminating my agreement! cheeky @?@?@?@!!!!!

Anyhoo - do I just state that I would like a S.A.R or is there a form of such?

Many thanks for all your help...xx

P.s I just wanted to say that I have just had an offer from HSBC for my bank charges over the past 5 years~!!:D

sent 1st let to HSBC 20/10/06 - got acknow message on online banking after I requested it. 2nd let 08/11/06 - recorded delivery...will let u know!! HSBC keep calling my mobile tho - so ignoring it!

Yes Car Credit,

Similar problem here. Returned car after 3 years with 1 year of agreement left, as I purchased a new car. Howver they say protection insurance cover etc was purchased on orginal day of sale, and still needs paying off, as cost was spread over 4 years.

Do I still need to pay this, despite having no car?