Virgin CC MBNA/ Arrow / Moorcroft

JamesC71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3107 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Received attached letter from Virgin announcing transfer of £3488 CC debt to Arrow Global.

Included in same envelope was introductory letter from Arrow, requesting I make contact with Moorcroft who are now apparently "managing" my account.

Also have had couple of missed calls from Arrow to my mobile over last couple of days. I intend to request contact by written letter only.

Original account was with Virgin partner MBNA (under Virgin brand), transferred to Virgin itself last year.

Original account opened Oct 2008. Last payment made 13 Apr.

Last contact with Virgin I made was Sept 2015 requesting holding period of 30 days.

Would appreciate any advice on best way to deal.

Do I respond to Arrow or Moorcroft?

My personal situation is:

Currently on low income of £670pm following business failure earlier this year.

Not expected to regain a full liveable wage for 6-9 months.

Most other creditors currently accepting £1 per month nominal payment.

I'm accepting of the fact that I will at some point probably need to enter into an installment plan,

but am looking to "buy time" in the interim / delay the process if possible.

Ceased paying all loans and CCs around March/April 2015. Balances as follows:

Post Office Credit Card £4500

HBOS C Card £2100

New Day C Card £2100

Barclaycard £3600

Virgin CC £3500

Capitol One CC £4200

Barclaycard £4900

Tesco Loan £1700

Argos Card £495.

Santander Directors Personal Guarantee (Ltd co. bank account) £2450

Utility Warehouse £420

Am homeowner with approx £17k personal equity, after mortage / sec loan / sec OD / wife's share of equity.

Mortgage and secured loans being paid as per normal.

Think you would be wise to get tailored advice from Stepchange, who will be able to discuss a range of options. As Stepchange are the leading debt charity, They are recognised by the Banks and credit industry. If you go via them, you are more likely to be better received, than if you try to deal with this on your own. Given the number of different outstanding credits and added complications of a mortgaged house with other secured loans, i am not sure CAG is the best place for advice on this occasion.

My concern is that if you battle alone with this, that you will end up getting CCJ's and be threatened with bankruptcy. It may be you have to enter some form of debt management, where you agree to repay x amount to each creditor, based on affordability.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread