4 hours day, not our fault

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3079 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. I work on construction site, main contractor decided that tomorrow we have to finish 12 o'clock. His workers are getting full day pay, I work for sub-contractor and because I'm self-employed I was told I will be only paid for 4 hours while few guys working for the same sub-contractor on cards are paid full day. Isn't discrimination?

No, that is one of the perils of being self-employed. On the plus side you can walk out any time of day you like and dont have to give notice, get paid gross pay etc. It is a 2 way street so you can legally go and work somewhere else for these hours and not be on a disciplinary for doing so.

No, that is one of the perils of being self-employed. On the plus side you can walk out any time of day you like and dont have to give notice, get paid gross pay etc. It is a 2 way street so you can legally go and work somewhere else for these hours and not be on a disciplinary for doing so.

Thanks.