Signed off just hours before i was meant to start MWA

Dazza1983
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was meant to start my MWA at 11am on Tuesday but due to a family member being taken ill i had to sign off at 9am the same day as i wasnt/wont be job searching for the next few weeks.I'm just wondering if i will be sanctioned for not turning up to start my MWA the same day as i signed off?

The women on the phone when i closed my claim down said i wouldnt and that the MWA provider would be told that i signed off.

You will not be sanctioned if you are not claiming. You're only required to participate in compulsory activities such as MWA when you're actually in receipt of benefits.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I got a letter in the post this morning from Pinnacle people saying " As you did not start your Mandatory Work Placement activity you are no longer required to attend. If you are still looking for work you should report back to Jobcentre Plus.

Is this just a standard letter they send out or have they reported me to the Jobcentre telling them i never turned up?

[...] or have they reported me to the Jobcentre telling them i never turned up?

It is possible that the information about you closing your claim hasn't got through and they have tried to raise a benefit doubt. If they have tried to raise a sanction, it will be a wasted effort on their part as you have signed off. File the letter away and don't worry about it.

BTW: If you are now on zero income, make sure your local council are aware of the situation as you will still be entitled to Council Tax relief and housing benefit (if you claim them).

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

It is possible that the information about you closing your claim hasn't got through and they have tried to raise a benefit doubt. If they have tried to raise a sanction, it will be a wasted effort on their part as you have signed off. File the letter away and don't worry about it.

BTW: If you are now on zero income, make sure your local council are aware of the situation as you will still be entitled to Council Tax relief and housing benefit (if you claim them).

Thanks Mr. P I will file the letter away.I am not claiming Council Tax Relief/Housing benefit. I am probably going to sign back on next week. Surely Antone is correct in that i can not be sanctioned for not attending a MWA placement at 11am when i signed off at 9am the same day?

Surely Antone is correct in that i can not be sanctioned for not attending a MWA placement at 11am when i signed off at 9am the same day?

That is indeed correct. However, if the provider is not aware that you have ceased claiming, they will still raise an initial benefit doubt. This should get killed off as soon as it appears on the system at the DWP and not progress any further.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.