Need advice on something slightly different

Moodymulder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

??

24th August 2006 Template letter to Argos demanding late payment fee of 17.50 is returned.

Argos late payment fee of £17.50 is returned.

22nd Nov £5 late payment fee returned by BT.

Virgin credit card 2* £12 overlimit fees, LBA issued early Nov..... awaiting news

I dont see why you should want to sue?

You've had your money back, and basically its a chance you take when ordering things over the phone with cards

As you dont know the full details of what they did with that employee i dont see how you can proceed?

I may of course be totally wrong, i'm not legally trained!

My advice is seek qualified legal assistance on this or visit CAB

You exposed a weakness in the system and the retailer acted with all speed to resolve the issue. As you've not lost out, I don't think formal compensation would be appropriate - but a bunch of flowers or a gift voucher for bringing it to their attention would not have been out of place and I'm sure you would have been just as grateful, but it was a long time ago now.

It's also worth remembering the agent you were speaking to may only have been reading back your card details and was overheard by someone else at the centre, so without a formal investigation there's no actual proof. If you could show this action seriously disadvantaged you in some way, there's nothing to stop you contact the firm and explaining the problam and ask for their considered response, but as they've completely changed their systems - possibly as a result of your problem - they've done everything they should have.