Does Consumer Rights Act 2015 apply?

badz132
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3035 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just another update

The car went back in on the 31st with a scope to update in the new year. I did indeed get a call on the 4th Jan for an update which basically said that most of the issues could not be replicated.

The main rattle that was fixed once before from the rear was replicated and they have ordered a complete door card for the door in question.

This is coming from Audi Germany and should get to dealership I'm with mid-week next week (w/b 11/01)

From there, we'll see if it's fixed/other issues exist etc

Not been car-less as I've got one of their loaners but itching to get back into mine now - the loaner is... a manual again!

'Settled' removed.

And do you agree that is could be the door card ?

You said 'clunk' that give the impression of roll bar bushes or suspension or something heavy.

Is the door card complete and all studs engaged with the door ?

I can't equate a door card problem being associated with a 'clunk'.

The rattling - I think I do agree. They did say the first time too that during diagnosis, putting a hand on the area stopped it even with a light touch.

I forgot all about updating on the clunk - typically during the test drive on the 31st, the clunk did not happen for ages. Eventually something similar happened - I just dont think it was the same one but anyway...

The one we did hear was always at the same speed - 22mph.

The master tech did mention that this was heard on one other A6 and one A8 too - the latter being more obvious than the A6 but they had got final word from Audi Germany to say this was an actuator of some sort and is not deemed a fault.

I'm hoping I get a chance next week to get there early and for a test drive once the car is fixed up to demonstrate any outstanding issues that did not get seen to/witnessed on the 31st Dec.

The issue is my new job starts on the 18th so I really could do without the stress BUT on the upside, the dealership is 5 mins from the new workplace so it is something I can pop down to during lunch to demonstrate issues if they exist.

Just rang Audi again for a rant as opposed to an update this time round. Annoyingly, the service manager apparently no longer works there so that is really disappointing as he was on top of all the issues.

But the current issue is now down to the loan car I've been issued.

Had a slight brush with the law this morning as it transpires the loan car tax has expired and it has been for 11 days now!

It was only because he had a call that came in that he went off otherwise who knows what I would have been issued - Sadly, I'm not one to check loan car tax status as I have always assumed the basics are checked. Back in the day of displaying the disc, it was easier to notice.

Awaiting a call back from the dealership regarding the loan car + an update on mine whether the part is still in transit.

I did not get a call back from them after a couple of hours so I emailed the salesman I dealt with at the time + his manager also stating that if it was not taxed by 4pm, I'd be leaving it in the carpark and going for a rental which they can pay for.

Sure enough, got a call soon after 4 by which time I had already got a rental - he said someone in the service dept is on their way to the PO to tax the car and would be done within 30mins.

I wonder who would be responsible for the fallback (if any) from the police - It was lucky that they believed me when I told them it was Audi who supplied the car and without a disc on the windscreen, I wouldnt have known unless I checked online.

It also transpires I could have been driving uninsured potentially with the tax being expired but anyway, apparently it's sorted.

DVLA still states it's untaxed but can take 5 days to update.

Another update

The part that was supposed to arrive (door card) yesterday has not arrived and is still on backorder

Once again, I had to chase this up by calling them several times after not getting a call back.

Eventually I did request I just pick my car up now until the part is in stock - I've not seen the car since 31/12, i've been stuck with a manual longer than I've driven one after passing my test back in the day and I'm really starting to hate the loaner.

They did accept this but then decided that as my mileage is now going to be 80 per day for the next 2 weeks, it's a no brainer just using their car and racking up mileage so I cancelled the swap over.

For now where it stands is I've been in their loaner since 31/12. They think the part should be in stock in the next week or two.

Until then, they're fine me staying in this one.

Verbally told me that mine is fine otherwise and was in a garage.

My regret... I almost wish I didnt buy it now...whether its the car or from that specific audi dealership

And to conclude- another joke...

Initial service advisor who booked me in last year a day after buying the car = has left

One of the techies who went with me on the test drive = has left

Service manager who took over my complaint = has left

The guy who booked me in and took down the rattle info on 31/12 = has left

It was to the point that so many people have become involved because of leavers - they didnt even know I was in a loan car yesterday

Another update

I rang yesterday for an update and service were very apologetic but the part/s have yet to arrive. It's been on "back order" since the 4th Jan and they've had the car since the 31/12

I explained that initially it was an inconvenience but it's now become a right pain driving this loaner but could not do anything due to lack of loan cars that were suitable.

Ended it there and rang the sales guy who was busy by would phone by close of play. 15 mins to go and still nothing an hour + after so I emailed them stating the facts and stating it's been with them now for 1 month + out of 3 months of purchasing it.

Also stating I am open to replacement but if we go down the route of rejecting and getting the various bodies involved, I am no longer interested in replacement nor further business at that dealership (or potentially with Audi).

(They know in the family, we have a fair few 4 rings and a lot of them do change on the regular )

A call came through instantly - Went over all the issues outstanding + potential replacement and left it at that until he spoke to his manager. (recorded)

An email has come through today to say they will replace the car but only like for like was in a different colour - I have said no to this despite liking the colour and being 4000 miles less ... it's just something I don't want to keep and then wish for a black one everytime one went past.

I picked out one that I picked out 2-3 months ago when I initially suggested replacement and at that time, it was £4000 more (and I will willing to pay that!). It got rejected then however they have now said that they would be happy to replace for that one with £1500 from me (it's now £2000 more than I bought mine for as its dropped by 2000 in the last month it seems)

Financials are :

£2000 deposit originally

£1500 paid in monthly so far since purchasing with another £500 due in the next few days

I think should the £500 be stopped, I'll probably just go for it on the basis the replacement is satisfactory

I'll have lost the £1500 but in the grand scheme of things, I've had a car from them so I'll absorb that even though a successful rejection would have maybe resulted on a refund on that.

What I will request however is to replace the wheels on the new one with the ones I bought and fitted on my original one. Although they are both the same, mine are only a week old.

I will then take the replacement wheels home and give them the original ones for the original car so it's back to how I bought it.

Hopefully, the replacement car wheels will sell for around £1000-1500 and I've broken even.

I feel like driving off a cliff today!

No update from Sales today so I emailed him for one -

His response:

He wanted to call in the afternoon but didnt get a chance ... and the car in question is now sold.

Bearing in mind I spoke to the branch who had the car yesterday to view it (anon call) and it was still there..

There are no other similar spec cars in the group and although he says he will look for alternatives, there are currently none in the group.

He also bangs on about a potential new one knowing that when we bought the car, I specifically said no new cars and no PCP deal. So unless he wants to build a 41k car (thats my spec) and do it for the same monthly instalments as a 28k car...

Can someone please suggest what I do now?

I also got a call from servicing today to say the door card basically has to be made and there will not be an update on completion any time soon...not that I want that one back any-more...even if I did, it looks like potentially months of further waiting.

This is now causing as silly as it sounds - health issues. I am getting so stressed about it. Going away in less than a week for my honeymoon and this is still hanging over my head with this stupid manual A5 they've given me and yet £500+ goes out of my bank account every month while this carries on

You now give notice to make time of the essence. Give them 7 days to complete all repairs and return the car to you or you will assert your consumer rights and reject the car for a full refund.

Quote those words, 'I am making time of the essence'.

Do I have to ? What I mean is do I have to now get that specific car back?

or can I request a full reject?

My worry is (and they're known for it) ... they'll end up removing a panel from a car on-stock and putting it in mine

PS: I have email notification on and in hindsight, I agree with your initial response. I do not normally let it go on for so long but with a wedding, new house and new job all in the last 3-4 months, you can understand this being slightly lower priority. Maybe at that cost it shouldnt have been but c'est la vie.

All written up but could not go today as I got sent into Central London - What an interesting drive in a manual in London!

It turned out both salesman and his manager were off today anyway

I did however get this from the manager:

"We will find a replacement car as per the 30 day exchange. "

What is good here is that there is acceptance on this which to date has been lacking.

I spent a long time last night before updating this thread on finding all in-group and out of group suitable replacements especially with the extra I put aside. I checked every single one in detail to the point of zooming into pictures looking out for the specifics as Audi do sometimes forget to put the spec up correctly.

This list was sent to the salesman so lets see what he says tomorrow once hes in.

In the meantime, I have my letter ready, signed and sealed to hand in though I'm more than happy if they can sort out a replacement from one of the ones I've sent them -

All written up but could not go today as I got sent into Central London - What an interesting drive in a manual in London!-

I can sympathise with that. I used a neighbours car to go and get some servicing parts for mine. A journey of only a few miles reminded me of how many times that left leg goes up and down and the same with the left arm. It really must be horrible in congested traffic.

How anyone can drive a manual baffles me, not only are they easier to drive and safer, they are quieter and more eco friendly returning more miles per gallon than a manual.

Just an update - My "research" paid off somewhat

I found a car that was almost like for like. It's missing heated seats but had everything else + had 2 extra packs. I have since found out I can retrofit the heated seats for under £1200 which will be less once I can hunt around for the bits so we agreed over email on this car.

It was being sent down from up north and have found out it arrived this morning due to go into the workshop for its pre-delivery inspection on Monday. This will be ready on Wednesday at which point I will be going in to get the finance and what not sorted. Assuming the finance goes through, I'll be driving home the new car on Thursday. Hopefully the fact I already have one car on finance will not matter given that it will be cancelled.

I also confirmed I am not trading in and the salesman has confirmed in return that the old car is being returned as a full exchange including the money I've already put in over the last few months - essentially, rejecting the car.

The new one has cost me £2000 more but given it's higher spec, not to mention it has only done a handful of mileage and is a 65 plate, it's worth the 2k + an additional £8 a month extra which is fine.

So it's all down to the test drive on Wednesday to make sure all is ok + finance goes through.

I still have their loan car albeit now sitting in the garage because I'm currently in the Maldives on my Honeymoon (having a rest from getting burnt!)

We have also spoken about the old car to get it back to standard - Only issue is that it is no longer insured by me as this ran out a few weeks ago and also while they're perfectly happy me taking it home to get the original wheels back on, I also remember from this forum that if you reject the car, you're essentially saying it's not fit to be drivable whether thats mechanical or otherwise so to drive it even just for a few mins negates that reject.

As a result, I am going to arrange transportation of the original wheels to the dealership (only 1.5 miles away), service team are happy to replace the new wheels for original and then bring me my new ones back to take home and fit on the new car.

Once that is done, I'll remove the dash cam and other bits all in their own service carpark.

That is where things are at the moment - all being well, the two bits are ok and Thursday I can re-resolve this thread albeit £2000 lighter in the wallet

• 3 weeks later...

Another and final update

This is now once again resolved.

The test drive went ok and there were no audible issues (or other)

The drive itself was not the longest and again around the 2-3 mile but it was enough for the car to warm up.

It's only done 5000 miles so that was an upside too though being a cold morning, the lack of heated seats did make all the difference in comfort!

We did the paperwork once again and I walked out with a potential date of 20th Feb for pick-up as I was on my honeymoon.

It did get a little messy on the day of pick up as I had suddenly 3 cars to juggle with - by this I mean, the original car had to become factory standard but the original wheels were in my shed. I then had 2 journeys each way to get them dropped off and another 2 each way to take the new car wheels home. Thankfully the service guys swapped the new wheels from the old car onto the new car.

They also claim to have lost the spare key in Germany and so this way on its way as a replacement and I now need to go back in to get it programmed at a cost of around 2 hours of my time.

The service plans from the old car was reapplied to the new and the wheel insurance I took out was also transferred so all ticks there too.

Finally, yet another service guy was leaving on that day but he along with the main guy keeping in-touch with me regarding to the old car was fantastic in getting the wheels sorted and arranging a lift to get the loan car from my house back to theirs as I could not drive both cars at the same time.

The sales guy... not sure if I was a little biased but I felt the transaction was being done because he was forced too and did not feel at all like a "happy sale". The first time, we were so excited but this time round, it was more like a chore which is a real shame but hey ho.

Finally, just to show a final sign of shoddyness - despite the car being with them for almost 2 weeks before pickup, on final drive off, the handle for the seat to lift/drop the base was loose on the floor. Heard a rattle the second I sat into the seat and realised only when I went to adjust it that I got a "pin" in my hand instead of a handle and obviously with that, a hand covered in grease. So much for their multipoint checklist!

Now I just need to find a way to get heated seats back in !

Thanks once again for all your help - I know it's been a bit of a novel in terms of reading and keeping up but your patience has been appreciated!

Keep in mind for the next time you purchase badz132, 2-3 miles really is not enough, the engine did not get to working temperature only the water in the cyclinder head did. The water in the block but more especially the oil in the sump will not have got hot.

You need the oil hot so it is at it's lowest viscosity and will allow a lose bearing or journal to rattle.

Now enjoy your car and get it all polished up and ready for that family trip to Cornwall this summer :)