APCOA Parking charge notice with no spaces in long-stay parking and train to catch

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3102 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

This morning I drove to Totnes station to get the 10:19am train to London for a few days. I had checked on Saturday that there is long-stay parking in the APCOA parking at the station and the machines do long-stay tickets and offer the option to buy tickets in advance.

So you would think if you can buy a ticket in advance there would be enough space.

However there were no spaces except one in the parking allocated for maximum 1 hour stay. As far as I am aware there is no other long-stay parking in Totnes and with panicking about what to do with only a few minutes before the train I parked in the 1-hour area, ran over the bridge to buy a ticket for 4 days and ran back over to display the ticket and catch my train. Otherwise I would lose an expensive train fare.

Maybe I was foolish to e-mail APCOA explaining the situation and wanting assurance they would not capitalise and they replied:

Good morning,

Thank you for your email.

Is it possible to advise us of your vehicle registration number and for your arrival and departure dates and we can log this on our system?

Unfortunately we cannot prevent a parking charge notice from being issued, however we can give you a reference number for you to appeal against should you be issued one.

Kind regards,

APCOA Parking (UK)

I didn't send them my registration number (which I don't remember anyway since I just passed my driving test) but said I would be seeking legal advice.

I believe they will try to get £100 profit from me for having to use the last available space. I do not know if they use wheel clamps. It is patently ridiculous to

a. offer advance parking payment in a car park that was full the first time I used it and without reserving spaces

b. to claim they cannot prevent a parking charge from being issued since it is they who are issuing it.

Any advice on what to do in this case would be welcome.

Please advise on what I should do! Thanks!

Edited by LaoTse
message truncated

Well you'll have to wait and see if you have;

A. A penalty charge notice

B. A parking charge notice

C. Nothing

stuck on your windscreen. .. Then we can go from there.

Take photos of all signage at the station regarding parking as well.