Zurich approved repairers

tallpoppy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please, does anyone know if Zurich has approved repairers other than the 'infamous nationwide'.

I am trying to get Zurich to repair my car since August, but I heard a rumour this company is their "nearest" to me.- tosh. It might look fine on a map, but the logistics of where it ACTUALLY is by road from me is a nightmare.

Notwithstanding, but this company's reputation goes ahead of them; that I don't want them newer my car - especially if I have to keep going back and forth, when they c**k up!

Assuming Zurich won't use a former (excellent) repairer they used, and proper local', does anyone know what the mark up will be if I choose them, is,my. "own repairerrsd.

Is this something the FO will help/put pressure on Zurich - I have lodged a claim with FO against Zurich's own intransigence and incompetence!

Also, if I use this latter company -remember Zurich had them as approved repairers, will I still have to pay the £100 excess; bearing in mind I'm having to pay a markup because Zurich is putting profit before its customer, despite the sickly propaganda about valuing customers - puke! I've tried getting Zurich to deal with this 'customer' Toni aval sine end of April.

Thanks. PS, is obfuscation purely a Zurich trait, or are all insurers the same once they Fagin-like grab your premium, and bolt into the nearest cess pit - incommunicado. Or worse, cosy up to your third party, against you, even though bald facts spell out the truth, and that's not what the third party are talking! Thank you - any helpful comment will be welcome. Vitriolics leave outside pls.

Please, does anyone know if Zurich has approved repairers other than the 'infamous nationwide'.

I am trying to get Zurich to repair my car since August, but I heard a rumour this company is their "nearest" to me.- tosh. It might look fine on a map, but the logistics of where it ACTUALLY is by road from me is a nightmare.

Notwithstanding, but this company's reputation goes ahead of them; that I don't want them newer my car - especially if I have to keep going back and forth, when they c**k up!

Assuming Zurich won't use a former (excellent) repairer they used, and proper local', does anyone know what the mark up will be if I choose them, is,my. "own repairerrsd.

Is this something the FO will help/put pressure on Zurich - I have lodged a claim with FO against Zurich's own intransigence and incompetence!

Also, if I use this latter company -remember Zurich had them as approved repairers, will I still have to pay the £100 excess; bearing in mind I'm having to pay a markup because Zurich is putting profit before its customer, despite the sickly propaganda about valuing customers - puke! I've tried getting Zurich to deal with this 'customer' Toni aval sine end of April.

Thanks. PS, is obfuscation purely a Zurich trait, or are all insurers the same once they Fagin-like grab your premium, and bolt into the nearest cess pit - incommunicado. Or worse, cosy up to your third party, against you, even though bald facts spell out the truth, and that's not what the third party are talking! Thank you - any helpful comment will be welcome. Vitriolics leave outside pls.

There is nothing stopping you going to a local garage of your choice, if Zurich agree the estimate the garage provides. There is no obligation to use an approved repairers.

It might be that you have to obtain a couple of garage estimates, so ask Zurich how many they want so you can use a local garage. If Zurich think they can get their approved repairer to do the work cheaper, that is up to them to prove.

You will have to pay the excess, if you are claiming against your own policy. If a third party driver was at fault for the accident, you can claim this back against the other driver.

If you read the FOS site, they have details about approved repairers and that you can use your own garage. They explain what your right are.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

There is nothing stopping you going to a local garage of your choice, if Zurich agree the estimate the garage provides. There is no obligation to use an approved repairers.

It might be that you have to obtain a couple of garage estimates, so ask Zurich how many they want so you can use a local garage. If Zurich think they can get their approved repairer to do the work cheaper, that is up to them to prove.

You will have to pay the excess, if you are claiming against your own policy. If a third party driver was at fault for the accident, you can claim this back against the other driver.

If you read the FOS site, they have details about approved repairers and that you can use your own garage. They explain what your right are.

Since my thanks, I tried FOS site. I could not find your recommendation (they have info on authorised repairers/alternatives),this w/site greenie couldn't find info; not even in FAQ or inputting my query.

I phoned, responder didn't give name, but he sounded nervous. He went away (Muzak!), returned rating he could not find that info! He said to ring motor codes(0207 3441651) who will give my local repairer - why! I know of one Zurich used to use - doh! London from Devon isn,t mobile friendly - more so if I'm dealing with an idiot? I looked on their website. Yes, a list of 'garages' but most are specific manufacturers dealers. no help whatsoever. Grr! (Is FOS on a commission with MOTORCODES?).

PS. I'm new to the web, and sites, AND forums, but the more info I try finding, the more I arrive back at square 1; or there is a plethora of useless garbage to trawl through; or I simply 'come away' empty handed and/or frazzled and frustrated; angry at the time wasted - I could have done something useful - dog walking time wasted. Give me a reference library any day. Amen.:mad2:

My brother had his car damaged and put it through his insurance. They sent him a letter with a list of 'approved' repairers. He replied that he was entitled to have his car put back to the condition it was before someone damaged it using genuine Honda parts and that their approved repairers would not be satisfactory and he was taking it to the Honda dealer to be repaired.

They could do nothing but agree. They have a list of approved repairers, (cheapo), but if you look at your policy I doubt it says they must be or only they can be used.

My brother had his car damaged and put it through his insurance. They sent him a letter with a list of 'approved' repairers. He replied that he was entitled to have his car put back to the condition it was before someone damaged it using genuine Honda parts and that their approved repairers would not be satisfactory and he was taking it to the Honda dealer to be repaired.

They could do nothing but agree. They have a list of approved repairers, (cheapo), but if you look at your policy I doubt it says they must be or only they can be used.

Thnx for info. I'm in the unenviable position that Zurich has wantonly snubbed me from early may. A friend downloaded a (IRISH) claim form for me which I sent to Zurich(special delivery -£6.45!). Par for the course, I never heard from them! Ditto, a second claim form (I've used up my two 'protected') but likewise snubbed! In short, yes I have relentlessly attempted engaging Zurich to no avail. I am 'filling time' (until they do) by getting myself prepared, as i've heard they insist using nationwide ex.... something, whose reputation goes before them). Also, it would be quicker for me to get to Penzance; than where they allude 'nearest'. Mind you the car will be scrap before Zurich deem to acknowledge the policyholder. But thnx again for your interest.:mad2: