Lloyds TSB charges reclaim help needed!

chaos_lad
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there girls and guys,

I am having a bit of a drawn out time getting my money back from Lloyds TSB. With the help of packjoker I succesfully went through the correct procedures to claim back my money. So I started with the 1st letter at the end of june, with the £10 check and sent recorded so i made sure it was received to my branch where the acc. is held, which is cannon street. They replied that they had 40 days etc and would get back to me. After a few weeks I contacted the branch and a member of staff was able to print all the info out and post it to me. I worked out all the charges and put them in the template to work out interest also.

So I sent the 2nd letter (letter beofre action )asking for money back within 14 days or I will take it to court on 12th July. Standard reponse, sorry your not happy, but this is the way we work etc...

So I log onto money claim online, enter all the info and start the claim. This was issued on 7th august! No reponse whatsoever form the bank. Judgement was entered on 1st september. Again, no response!

29th september the warrant was granted. So this has been with the baliffs since early october.

Now this brings us upto date. I got a letter form the court saying th baliff tried to exucute the warrant on 14th october, but was given a "with compliments" slip and a blank stare as to what this was about.

I have now contacted the bank and asked them what are they playing at, as the baliff is there to get the money not too be mucked around. The bank called me back then tell me that the received all my letters sent recorded, but have recieved NOTHING from the courts and dont know of any court case/problem. So they are pleasding ignorance I suppose.

So i call money claim helpline to ask some questions and ask advice, to which I was told that perhaps I'd better seek legal advice and that perhaps there could be a problem with the fact I used my banks address and didnt send the claim to a registered official address??!! Now I dont know what to think. The bank has taken the claim number from me over the phone and said they will investigate...

This brings us to today and I dont know what to do now! Should I be seeking legal advice? Packjoker suggested that I start a thread on here and would get a response. I didnt want to disturb a moderator as i know they must be very busy, So I am hoping someone can help me at this point, as I was hoping to have my money back along time ago, now I'm not even sure if I will get it back at all. Heres hoping theres a few kind souls on here to help me out

Thanking you in advance for your replies

Hello, So 27 views and no comments :eek:

I am desperate for help. As I've said the bank are saying they never recieved the claim from the court. Now the court are saying they could apply to the judge for more time etc???

And the baliff still has only made one visit in 1 and half months! I can believe he only works a couple of days per week!

I just want this money back, preferably before xmas. Its dragging me down and ****ing me off. Should I enquire about a private baliff?

ANY ADVICE would be nice! :cool:

I'm not sure I can help to be honest, but I'll try and find someone who can!

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Well, what is the bailiff saying?

Surely, if he has the warrant, he doesn't have to pussyfoot around and accept a compliment slip? Or is he forgetting that he is supposed to be working on your behalf for once?

I suggest phoning the bank legal dept, bluff a bit and say, look, I've held off the bailiff, but he has a warrant, and unless you get your act together, I'm sending him in. With the press present. You have 48 hours.

YOur claim, you set the timetable. You have relinquished control again here.

If they have the right to go in i would call a solicitor get advise ask the solicitor if they know a baliff who would be willing to act.

Imagine that in the papers

LLOYDS PC AND FURNTURE AND ACCESSORIES REMOVED BY BALIFFS.

I would have to have a ring round just for the crack of it:D :D and the chance i might get lucky;)

OK folks. Got a call from the solicitor a short while ago called Gary Blackman. The bank have settled my claim in FULL this am. £2238 to be exact. I have called the courts, to which they said they require a letter asap. I now hope that I get a letter from the bank/solicitor to say why they settled etc. There is a £35 charge due on 1st dec now, and would like to contest it, but dont want them to then close the account as its a hassle. I suppose that will be the last ever charge for me fingers crossed.

Any other info I may need to wind things down would be gratefully received. So relieved its finally over really

Excellant news, another Lloyds win this week! This is getting quite unbelievable!

Don't write to the court and drop the claim untill the money is safely in your account.

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Congratulations Flower...Yet another middle finger to the profiteering racket merchants. :-x

I know it's been a bit stressful, however the retail therapy you can undertake now (just in time for xmas!) will hopefully make you feel a bit better ;)

Thanks for the beer yesterday...! See you soon lovely.

PJ xx

• 6 months later...