Barclays Overdraft PPI **WON +£7k**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3027 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've recently been helping my partner (who's not the most organised when it comes to money) review her outgoings.

In doing so, I noticed she was paying £14.00 monthly for Overdraft PPI....and has been since 1999 when she returned to work part-time once her son reached school age.

She can't remember asking for this insurance and has never claimed on it. I believe she was mis-sold it on the basis she believed it to be compulsory.

We've now cancelled the policy and the DD. Is it best to use the online Barclays questionnaire to claim a refund ?

Any tips on filling this out, please?

Thanks in advance,

Stan

I would be gathering all the info you can

SAR time?

when you have the info

do a spreadsheet which is at the end of the link 1 below which you should read upon how to calculate the reclaim

and use the FOS customer questionnaire here too http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/ppi.html

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Still be the statint sheet

You simply enter each monthly payment on its own row

Dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

• 1 month later...

Many thanks to dx100uk for their advice on this.

My partner finally received the SAR pack, complete with all the relevant statements, from Barclays on New Year's Eve.

Using the StatInt sheet, I've now calculated the total premiums paid since Jan 99 to be £2410 and the interest to be £1460.68.

I assume we should now fill in the FOS questionnaire and print off the calculation?

Should these be submitted direct to Barclays?

sounds about right

I've asked our team Barclay expert to pop in.

dx

and they

Hi VM,

Barclays Expert - Hmm, :oops::-D

Did the SAR response refer at all to the issue of PPI for the o/draft.

Otherwise I have nothing to add to what's been said already by DX.

:-)

• Haha 1

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

No, there's no mention of the policy in in the SAR pack other than the first monthly deduction on the January 1999 statement.

However, the first statement printout supplied in the pack is for January 1998 and is referenced as Sheets 251 & 252 so it doesn't look as if all the info as been supplied.

The first monthly PPI deduction in January 1999 is for £4.80, calculated as 600 x £0.80 per £100.

My partner had left her full-time employment in 1995 to have a baby and returned part-time with the same employer sometime in 1997. She was already operating an overdraft on the account prior to January 1998, and paying monthly interest on this. She returned to full-time with the same employer in December 1998.

She's adamant she would not have sought this PPI policy in 1999, and believes she agreed to it after a bank initiative for her to take it out.

Probably under the impression that it was a condition of her continuing overdraft.

That's the line I think we'll take on the questionnaire.

Does that sound effective?

Hi VM,

Sounds fine to me.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 5 weeks later...

Update

I sent the completed FOS questionnaire plus a print of the StatInt calculation to Barclays on the 18th January

and my partner received an acknowledgement letter (dated the 22nd) on the 25th January,

in which Barclays said they would write again by mid-March.

So it came as rather a (pleasant) surprise when she was routinely checking her current account balance the next day..

..to see a receipt labelled "PPI + INT"....

....for £7,630.65. :-o:-o:-o

She received a letter advising her claim had been upheld on the 28th, with the calculation enclosed as follows:

Refund of premiums paid: £2,410.00 (as I'd calculated)

Refund of interest charged on premiums: £1,209.48

Refund of associated fees: £1,663.25

Sub-total £5,282.73

8% Interest (Statutory Compensation) £2,934.89

Less 20% Basic Rate Tax on Interest - £586.97

To say we're delighted is an understatement.

Many thanks again to dx100uk and slick132!!!

Stan

Hi VM and thanks for the update.

Sounds like a great result and an excellent cause for weekend celebrations !!:whoo::cheer2:

If you can manage a Site Donation, it'll help us remain here to help you and others in the future.

Thanks for that :thumb:

hey great news!!

glad to help

and they