Argos Cooker

battyman
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3118 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a cooker from Argos in September 2014 and it has stopped working. As the year is up, and I assume its a years guarantee on electrical items, do I have any come back with Argos for a replacement. It is wired in so would need electrician to take the cooker out and replace a new one. Thanks for any help.

Hi,

Yes you do. Under the Sale of Good Act, you have up to 6 years (dependant on the initial cost) The warranty is in addition to your statutory rights.

Initially, you would need to contact Argos and no doubt they will try and wriggle out of their obligations. You need to throw SoGA at them. This is likely to mean that you will have to get an independant report completed (at your cost) which if proved to be a manufacturer fault, Argos should refund you. Do not get the report done until you have agreement from Argos.

I would ring them first to see what they have to say (record this call) then if they refuse to assist, deal in writing only and getting proof of postage at the very least (signed for is better but costlier)

As a cooker is designed to be used quite a lot, it would be expected to last considerably longer than a year.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you for your reply Silverfox. Have you any idea what a report would cost and would an electrician be able to do it. The cooker only cost £120 so don't want to spend too much on it but I think it should have lasted longer than a year.

It may not be worth your while. A report can cost anywhere between £50 and £80 and a competent sparky could do it so long as they are qualifies.

I would see what Argos have to say. They may offer a partial refund on another cooker.

Alternatively, it may be a simple fault that can be sorted reasonably cheaply

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE