Dial Direct £25 fees

lizzy555
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all

furious with dial direct, missed a car insurance payment of £30 on 19th, they charged me £25 late fee on Monday, So went online to pay DD for car with other card, now my bank tells me that the payment that pending actually includes another £25, I have a email to confirm this....But the girl in call centre insists that it hasn't be charged twice....

I want now to request refund of all fees applied, is there a template letter I can use

so angry :(

They are a penalty and under FCA guidelines

Yes go reclaim them

I got mine back by a simple phone call

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

just a thought, but because under "self service" site, when I was paying the £30 pound late DD, it did not at anytime inform me that the actually amount would be more that would come out of my bank account, Has Dial direct "breeched" any act, not probably informing customer of the accurate amount???

Some insurance companies have outsourced their accounts works to another company and the insurers customer services don't always have the correct details. This might be why you were charged the amount and it is showing again on the DD arrangement. Right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing.

Check the terms of the monthly payment arrangement shown in the documents sent to you. They won't refund the £25 or part of it, if it is shown in the terms, even if you claim it is a penalty. If you complained they would just say the £25 is to cover their costs.

If they change the DD amount without notification, it is breach of your DD rights and probably breaks rules contained in the FCA handbook. I.e providing accurate information to customers and maintaining accurate accounting information.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

if you were not written too informing you that the DD would be greater than your already notifed std monthly payment amount

that you got a schedule of when you applied

then they have broken the DD guarantee

inform your bank

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...