harlands/crs court threats!

daniel1996
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3129 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the 5th of April 2014 me and my brother set up a membership with xercise 4 less ,this as states on the email i got was for a minimum of 12 month with and initial payment of 34.99 and then proceed on to a monthly direct debit of 14.99.

fast forward to the 5th of may 2015 ( this being 13 month after i set up my membership) decided to hand my notice into the gym and cancel my direct debit due to moving gyms a little closer to home, thankfully this is a cash in hand gym and not a pesky direct debit. several months of ignoring letters that i owed them money i received a letter from crs saying a owe a total of 186.47 and goes on to say they may take me to county court

i am loosing sleep over the matter, am i in breach of my contract even though i handed my notice in after the 12 months minimum?

what is my course of action?

if anyone is knowledgeable please don't hesitate to input :-)

Hi Dan and welcome to CAG

Please don't loose sleep over any dealings with Harlands/CRS - they are simply not worth it.

Read threads here and you'll see that Harlands/CRS have an awful lot to say, but they DO very little. They're full of hot air and try to bully folk and wear them down.

Stand up to them and you'll see they cannot make you do anything you don't want to.

1. Please confirm if you gave the gym written or verbal notice to cancel.

2. If applicable, do you have a copy of the cancellation letter, or any other proof of cancelling.

3. What was the date of cancelling.

4. When did you cancel the DD mandate.

5. When was the last DD paid to Harlands.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

hey slick, thanks for the fast reply!

1. me and my brother gave a written notice each to the receptionist and she said she'd process it

2. sadly i do not have a copy of the notice because i never saw this happening :|

3. i gave my 30 day notice on the 5th of April 12 month exactly after joining

4. i proceeded to cancel my direct debit on the 5th of may which is the same day they took the final payment

sorry for not being too informed on the matter its came as a shock to us both!

Then IMO you owe nothing.

If they took the final payment one month post your written notice to cancel, you owe them diddly.

There is absolutely zero chance of you ever being taken to county court by these chancers, the DJ would have a field day and charge them for wasting the courts time!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Dan,

In post #1, you say - " Fast forward to the 5th of may 2015 (this being 13 month after i set up my membership) decided to hand my notice into the gym and cancel my direct debit ......"

In post #3, you say - " i gave my 30 day notice on the 5th of April 12 month exactly after joining." and " i proceeded to cancel my direct debiticon on the 5th of may ......"

Please double check and confirm the date you handed in the cancellation letter.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)