Recorded delivery..

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3002 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Letter that are not sealed are very common due to automatic mailing machines, cheap glue on the envelope all plays its part

If it required a signature best take it up with the delivery office

They will do squat anyway

Best make a complaint through customer services who will generate a CLIO report where a response is needed by the delivery office manager

Check the RD reference on the Royal Mail track n trace website, CD. See if it has been signed for. I sent something to a friend about 18 months ago and there was apparently an arrangement whereby the postman signed for the packages and left them in a "safe spot". Sadly someone had discovered the safe spot and the item was missing/stolen.

Does there appear to be anything missing from your item ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Check the RD reference on the Royal Mail track n trace website, CD. See if it has been signed for. I sent something to a friend about 18 months ago and there was apparently an arrangement whereby the postman signed for the packages and left them in a "safe spot". Sadly someone had discovered the safe spot and the item was missing/stolen.

Does there appear to be anything missing from your item ?

No, not that I'm aware of but standards have gone haven't they ?

Postal staff now have to get rid of all recorded mail at first time delivery. If they bring any back they are subjectd to the inquisition.

You might well find a card through your door that your item has been left with a neighbour fifty yards along the street

Postal staff now have to get rid of all recorded mail at first time delivery. If they bring any back they are subjectd to the inquisition.

You might well find a card through your door that your item has been left with a neighbour fifty yards along the street

Which is outrageous. It's like giving your data to a stranger..

Amazon now have their own courier company called Yodel,

Any excess is handled from private couriers from back of cars

Amazon want all their items recorded as delivered at point of delivery through a PDA guaranteed by the prefered postage. That can be guaranteed by 1pm, next day etc

Only another courier company can guarantee that 95% sucess rate to Amazon, that is DPD

Royal Mail makes its profits mainly with christmas post and AMAZON is lucrative to Royal Mail

The only way Royal Mail can show Amazon it holds a 95% first time delivery rate is in Its own PDA quality of service data. Royal Mail cannot guarantee that especially with managers doing deliveries at 8pm in the evenings so they do not fail the universal service obligation.

Put simply Royal Mail is understaffed to do he job at he moment and is operating on a shoe string to satisfy the share holders

Delivery to neighbour by default with Royal Mail on all packets and signed for is simply not achievable at the moment, so they cut corners with those deliveries

Edited by obiter dictum

Amazon now have their own courier company called Yodel,

Any excess is handled from private couriers from back of cars

Amazon want all their items recorded as delivered at point of delivery through a PDA guaranteed by the prefered postage. That can be guaranteed by 1pm, next day etc

Only another courier company can guarantee that 95% sucess rate to Amazon, that is DPD

Royal Mail makes its profits mainly with christmas post and AMAZON is lucrative to Royal Mail

The only way Royal Mail can show Amazon it holds a 95% first time delivery rate is in Its own PDA quality of service data. Royal Mail cannot guarantee that especially with managers doing deliveries at 8pm in the evenings so they do not fail the universal service obligation.

Put simply Royal Mail is understaffed to do he job at he moment and is operating on a shoe string to satisfy the share holders

Delivery to neighbour by default with Royal Mail on all packets and signed for is simply not achievable at the moment, so they cut corners with those deliveries

Not entirely true.

Amazon have a stake (Small) in Yodel but do not own it

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I think you will find that Amazon now have the controling interest in Yodel

Yodel was owned by the Barclay Brothers (Barclays Bank)

Amazon bought the rights to use the Yodel name for xyz number of years from the Barclay Brothers and do with the company as they please. If memory serves me right it was for 210 million.

Yodel had been voted as the worst courier company in the UK prior to the sale

They have done exactly the same as with Virgin media. Branson no longer has a controlling interest but receives royalties etc for the virgin brand name

Edited by obiter dictum

On line track and trace states that 'we have your item' which is actually untrue..

I think perhaps you need to make a complaint to RM.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Can you source that?

Not seeing any evidence to back that claim up

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Can you source that?

Not seeing any evidence to back that claim up

It was debated at the Parliamentary Select Committee with Vince Cable and Offcom when debating unfair competition with rival carriers and Down Stream access mail. Particularly these self employed couriers being paid ony 40-50 pence per delivery

Edited by obiter dictum

Letter that are not sealed are very common due to automatic mailing machines, cheap glue on the envelope all plays its part

If it required a signature best take it up with the delivery office

They will do squat anyway

Best make a complaint through customer services who will generate a CLIO report where a response is needed by the delivery office manager

This is becoming quite a regular thing… I have had letters poked through the box without them bothering to get a signature… I've also posted recorded delivery legal documents which haven't been signed for… this has happened several times and despite me making complaints, the Royal mail is not bothered one bit..you give up in the end. Which suits them just fine.

Yodel are hopeless. I used to courier for DHL, then they were taken over by Yodel (at our local depot, anyway). The problem is mainly what they pay the drivers, especially those who work independently. I was paid 70p per drop using my own car, fuel, etc. We had to make 3 attempts at delivery and were only paid once the item was delivered… I would sometimes make three attempts and not get paid a penny when the customer was out each time. I ended up out of pocket. Herpes are the same… I've known them to chuck stuff over the fence when the customer is out. Terrible.

Royal Mail are not bothered with customer service

They are obsessed with quality of service reports and will bend every rule in the book.

Tracked items as an example have to be scanned by 1pm each day at the door. The office manager know that is not going to happen as most postmen now do not even get out until 10 am.

They are all scanned at the delivery office as "inaccessible" on the PDA before they even leave the delivery office. That way they are not recorded as a failure on the quality of service stats

• 2 months later...