Employer Reference

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3134 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have decided to accept settlement from an ex -employer on condition of a good reference.(I was made redundant)So , before i sign,is the reference they have submitted ok ?

"I confirm that was employed by 1st April 2014 following a TUPE Transfer . This role involved providing support in all public-facing areas at the various Trust sites including reception, gift shop, tea room, welcome areas and within properties and visitor areas.The employment with the Trust ended on 31st March 2015 due to redundancy following an organisational restructure"

If I was employing someone who had such a refernce I would be looking at their presonal reference and if they werent asked for one I would phone their previous employer and ask them about any issues that werent made clear during the interview such as (in the original reference) whether they were responsible for reconciling the tills or number of people supervised if supervisory role claimed. I wouldnt be going on a fishing expedition as that would indicate I hadnt asked the right questions in the first place and also the level of trust needed was missing and things would probably not work out then.