tesco direct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a samsung tv from Tesco Direct 22 months ago. This tv has developed a fault..i rang Samsung but they told me to ring Tesco. On doing so i asked for a out of warranty form and told them the problem. They said they would get it mended but if it couldnt be repaired give me a refund. they then got in touch and said they were not going to repair it and offered my £165. The tv cost nearly £600. I said i was not happy with this but they will not back down from the £165. could any one please advice me or do a template letter to send to them. thanks

Hi

The sale of goods act is much better than the EU regs as you have up to 6 years to claim.

My opinion, they should be offering a damn sight more than that as it cost £600+/- and only lasted 22 months.

What I feel you should do is look for another TV and see what they are priced at (like for like) as prices are much cheaper now.

As you have had 'enjoyment' of the product, you should expect some refund reduction.

This is the way I would do it. Find a comparable TV, say £400 then divide the cost by 72 to give a monthly figure Take the 22 months you have already had and times the figure by 22 to give a figure for reduction of the main price. Bit complicated so I will show what I mean

TV cost £400

£400/72 (6 years) =£5.55

£5.55 X 22 (months of use = £122.10

£400 - £122.10 =£277.90

As I said, that is just an example that I would use but of course, a comparable TV can cost more than £600

I'm sure others will disagree.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Tesco are probably arguing the refund has been reduced due to the length of time you've had the TV. However I think £165 is to low for 22 months of use. I would expect a TV of this price to last at least 6 years or 72 months, so if youve had it 22 months, a refund of £416 or at least argue around that amount? £600 is a lot to shell out to receive only £165 back in my opinion.