paying for statements

rags1965
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

having requested all my statements from march 00 from barclaycard , i have been told that i can pay 10gbp for statements from may 2004 , but before that as they are not held on a computer system or a structured filing system that they do not fall under the data protection act 1998 , and that they can be obtained from customer services at 3 gbp per statement .

is this correct ?

do i have to pay out what will probably total up to about another 100 gbp for them ?

thanks for any help or advice on this .

No, no, no, no, NO!

They're still at it, are they? God, Barclaycard are really p!ssing me off.

Do not ask for your statements. Ask for a list of all transactions and charges applied to your account in the last 6 years. Send a £10 cheque with it if you haven't.

They will send you a big computer printout that's not really useful. But we'll get to that once you get it.

Come to think of it, did you get that in writing about the statements? Could you let me know asap?

Barclaycard, not Barclays bank.

Hang on, you're not the original poster. I don't know the answer to YOUR question, since I don't know your details. Pls post your question on YOUR thread and I'll answer accurately.

No, no, no, no, NO!

They're still at it, are they? God, Barclaycard are really p!ssing me off.

Do not ask for your statements. Ask for a list of all transactions and charges applied to your account in the last 6 years. Send a £10 cheque with it if you haven't.

They will send you a big computer printout that's not really useful. But we'll get to that once you get it.

Come to think of it, did you get that in writing about the statements? Could you let me know asap?

yes i have that all in writing , from a simon walker , head of data protection , legal and regulatory compliance .

cheques payable to barclays bank plc , to the data protectyion team , barclaycard , dept lpa

I noticed you were interested in Barclay's response to DPA letter. I got reply today stating statements prior to May 2004 are not covered under the DPA and I would need to pay £3 per statement prior to this!

Woolfie

Advice & opinions given by Woolfie are my own, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6618 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks