* Please HELP * GE and the FSA, or how the FSA responded to the GE charges & the PPI claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3149 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi affixed is the revised statement for court. Write the claim number and Appendix 3 on the top of it and affix a copy to each copy of the statment.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Ell-enn. I have sent you an email with a question. I really feel better and more prepared and this is all due to you Ell-enn. Thank you ever so much. I will keep you posted tomorrow. Please all, keep your fingers crossed for us!

Just noted, will the court ask me to explain the case of Cheltenham and Gloucester v Norgan? do I need to do some research in this? I have all night! lol don't think will get any sleep tonite.

In short - the Norgan case law gives the judge the power to order that payments towards the arrears can be spread over the remaining term of the mortgage if necessary as most lenders want arrears paid in a short time. S36 of the Administration of Justice Act allows the judge to suspend the eviction on payment terms.

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Court Day:

I went to my hearing and after speaking to the usher, was met by the GE rep.

He asked me for a quick chat and we went to this room.

I explained myself and he said he didn't have any authority in the matter and that the Judge's decision is final.

When we came out of the room, he looked at me and said that he thought that I had every chance to get the eviction to be set aside.

While waiting for my hearing,

a lady came over and asked me if I needed any help.

I thought why not.

We then went to another room, and she took details of my story and also went through the budget that Ell-enn graciously drafted for me,

and then said she could not understand why would GE not agree to my offer.

Specially as the amount is so small.

Then came my hearing.

We were ushered in and the Judge made gestures to me to sit down.

As soon as I saw him, I knew he is a nice man.

He was extremely pleasant and made me laugh few times.

He was also mocking the GE guy.

In the end, he said few times to the GE guy

"you realise I am not going to allow this eviction?".

The Judge in the end said to me,

I am going to give you what you want and he set aside the eviction order.

I left very happy and knowing that there are people out there who have heart and who are on our side.

Please do not despair.

I found out today that a lot of people do want to help.

It may not look like it, but if you reach out to them, they will help you.

Please do not think that there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

In fact, you will be amazed to find a new door opening.

Like Ell-enn said to me and inspired me with these words, I say "Stay positive".

I never felt alone in the court.

Hope this helps to realise that you are not alone.

Stay positive.

That's great news - well done :) I hope everything goes well for you now.

• 6 months later...

Hi

I am in the process of looking into a loan that I applied for in 2004 with First National,

through the broker in Wales, called Blue Sky Personal finances.

At the time, after I checked my loan document,

I recall seeing a tick against a checkboxes that says the customer has opted for PPI,

when I never actually checked this box - I am 100% of this.

In 2008, when PPI came to fore,

a company contacted me telling me that I should pursue Blue Sky for PPI

as they illegaly added this to my loan.

They got the info from elsewhere and from me about not knowing about that ticked PPI on the form.

However, as I leaving the country for Australia as part of my job,

I signed some documents with that company (I think they are called ....),

to do the PPI on my behalf thinking nothing of it.

However, I am now been back in Uk for 2 years, and I have not heard anything from CMC.

So I SAR'd Blue Sky, and got all their docs this week.

I note that the CMC did get in touch with them,

but tried to get PPI on the basis that my wife was unemployed at the time,

which is wrong and something we never said??

the CMC claim was rejected by Bluesky solicitors on the basis they had a payslip showing my wife was working p/t.

But my claim against bluesky is about the fact that I am sure I did not ask for PPI and never ticked that box.

Heck the tick is nothing like the one I do, which are evident!

My question to the knoweldgeable folks here.

I would like to pursue this PPI as I feel hard done by it.

What would you advise as the next step.

I still feel sick in the stomach knowing that someone deceived us by ticking the PPI without asking us. :-x

Thanks

i'd start a new claim

FNB are/were GE money

lots of threads on them here.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the reply Dx.

When you mentioned GE,

I remember actually getting a strange call from them, around the time I was leaving for Australia,

and at that time, being so wrapped up in the move, didn't pay attention to it,

but GE called me up and asked me whether I was thinking of launching a PPI claim against them, as they have taken over from 1st National.

I remember when I said yes, they said there is no basis for it as the original loan was with 1st National, and that I should go to the broker for this? At that time, I left it at that.

But I have SAR'd the broker and the documents don't show any financial transactions, as of course, this where with First National.

Other than loan details, no repayments, charges (which I know GE imposed quite a lot).

Do I have pursue GE as well or just one?

Thanks again.

SAR GE

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Just wanted advice on how to approach this.

Last April, I called GE to requets change of repayment date from 28th of every month to 8th of every month, since I get paid every 7th of the month.

I get paid before 7th if 7th is Sunday or bank holiday.

In the last couple of months, I paid my monthly not on the 7th as expected but on the 6th of next month

(still within the month though and before the next month's repayment due on the 8th!).

I have done this before and did catch up with the repayment by overpaying the next couple of months.

Today, I received a text message on my phone from GE telling me that my repayment date is 28th jan, and that I need to call them to talk to them about it???

First today is 27th of the month??

Secondly, my repayment is not due until the 8th each month and the current month's not due overdue until 7th of next month?

Please help I am going to call them tonight and any tips would be useful against them! Thanks

Was thinking just now whether I can just ignore that text message, knowing come 7th I'll pay for this month, before due date for next payment which is 8th.

Also, technically I am not behind as the month is still active? or am I?

I know the payment for this month is due on the 8th, but I am sure as long as I pay it before the 7th of next month, I am not in "arrears"?

Did GE confirm in writing the changing of the monthly repayment from 28th to the new date ?

You really cannot trust this company so you need to confirm everything with them in writing.

IMHO, I would write to them and advise that on DATE you spoke to someone regarding the changing of the payment date because of the way your salary is paid into the bank.

That you have been making these payments in accordance with that change on the 7th of each month since April of 2013 - you are therefore confused as to why they are now saying the date is the 28th ?

Send your letter to their Head /registered office and send it by either Recorded Delivery (or if you can afford it Special delivery) which will ensure that a signature is received for receipt.

Confirm that you will continue to make your payments in accordance with your conversation back in April of 2013.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Question - when you changed the payment date.. did you make the payment on the 28th of one month and then on the 8th of the next ? Which should effectively put you a couple of weeks in advance or did you miss the payment on the 28th and extend the time until you made the 1st payment for the new dates on the 8th - which would effectively put you 6 weeks in arrears !!

Would you be able to divide your monthly payment by 6 and pay that extra for the next 6 months in order to catch up ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for the great advice, citizenB.

I was racking my brains but cannot remember getting anything in writing. I have recorded on a piece of paper when I had this conversation with GE (date, time, and the name I think).

I do feel like they are liable to make up anything so yes I think I should get this done in writing.

Do you have or anyone else have the address for the head office.

I think I am going to send the letter by end of today.

How much is recorded delivery

Question - when you changed the payment date..

did you make the payment on the 28th of one month and then on the 8th of the next ?

Which should effectively put you a couple of weeks in advance or did you miss the payment on the 28th and extend the time until you made the 1st payment for the new dates on the 8th

- which would effectively put you 6 weeks in arrears !!

Would you be able to divide your monthly payment by 6 and pay that extra for the next 6 months in order to catch up ?

===========================================

I think I already paid that month before the 28th,

then started new payment from the following month's 7th (i.e. May 7th).

I don't think I am six weeks in arrears.

They would have let me know in no uncertain way otherwise :!:

Just realised: I don't have any details about my account or the conversation I had about changing of payment dates. These are at home and I am at work.

Going to have to send the letter off tomorrow.

Is it wise to call them so they don't take 28th as payment date as chase me on the 29th?

Sorry if my last comments don't make any sense.

Trying to type too quick as I am at work.

The gist of it is: is GE going to utilise the text message they sent me to chase me for the money on the 29th for example?

I know this is probably in the realm of guessing but I'd like to know some opinions on this.

Thank you all again

the worst thing is calling them as I hate talking to them.

They have been very very rude to me before.

They are conniving bunch and attempt to make you say what they want you to say and then use it for their benefit! :-(

Just realised: I don't have any details about my account or the conversation I had about changing of payment dates. These are at home and I am at work.

Going to have to send the letter off tomorrow. Is it wise to call them so they don't take 28th as payment date as chase me on the 29th?

Damn it, cannot find the piece of paper with details of the conversation of when I asked for payment date to be change from 28th to 8th of every month.

I know I wrote it down but I cannot find this at all

- though I have evidence of payments made to GE on 6th or 7th ever since the change.

I could SAR them if need to be and they will have to divulge the conversation.

But I think I willl just call them and will just say I have logged the conversation but the details are at home, and see how it goes. I think I must call them though otherwise ignoring them will just play it in their hands.

Please let me have your inputs, thx

Going to call them but thought also to write as a concrete evidence this time.

However, if I just said back in April 2013 I called you and you agreed to repayment dates being changed to every 8th from every 28th of the month

, without being specific about when I called them etc. Is this worth doing?

I am sure they should have notes to go back and check?

Yes, you can telephone them so they halt any further messages to you.. but do please write to them, confirming any conversation you have today and also remind them of the previous conversation when you made the changes.

As this is a mortgage issue, they are obliged to have recordings of any conversations - even if you only go through security points !

BCOBS

Yes, you can telephone them so they halt any further messages to you.. but do please write to them, confirming any conversation you have today and also remind them of the previous conversation when you made the changes.

=============================

I totally agree with you and I think I was slack in not writing to them to confirm the arrangement back when.

I have spoken to them just now,and it took courage to do so (hate their guts!).:mad2:

The guy said to me at first that he needed to put me through to a litigator, as the case has an assigned one? But the litigator was busy so I spoke to the guy himself and he was quite friendly as it turned out :???:

He told me to continue my repayment on the 7th as this means I am actually early in repayments right now. He also said the system thinks that the repayment is on the 28th and it has triggered the text message but he can see on his system that the account ie being well run right now.

I have requested all this in writing but however I am also going to write to them about the conversation of today.

My question is what is this litigator? :???:

My question is what is this litigator?

As this is GE then I imagine that was just thrown into to scare the hell out of you !!

I think you should get a letter off to them as soon as possible - if the system thinks you are making payments on the wrong date, chances are they will look for a reason to start adding their charges - you need to keep your eye on statements.

Ok, so it looks like you are probably a few days in credit so that is good :)

Whenever I speak to a creditor on the phone (very rarely) I always follow up with a letter.

Refer to the conversation on DATE and the name of the person I spoke to.

Then something along the lines of..

Dear Sir or Madam,

Account references

Ref : Telephone conversation on DATE.

This letter is just to confirm the conversation I had with your representative NAME today.

Detail the subject of the conversation - in this case the change of payment date and their scary text

Detail the outcome of the call - in this case you have been advised to continue with the payment arrangements as set since April of 2013.

Sign off by saying, this is my understanding of the conversation of today's date.

Etc, etc..

Send at the very least with a free proof of posting from the post office - if you can afford it, a tracked method is always the best way of communicating with GE money by letter.

Keep a copy of the letter and the proof of posting attached securely.

BCOBS

As this is GE then I imagine that was just thrown into to scare the hell out of you !!

=================================================

It certainly scared me!:

Thanks for the help with the letter I am sending it tomorrow. I have got the details kept. I will probably copy your words too.

The GE guy took details of what the letter from them should say to which I said it should clarify the conversation that we just had, that payment are up-todate and he said he will get that done and send it off today. Not sure how much of that is true, just have to wait and see.

I'll follow your guidance here citizenB ! thanks! PS: like your avatar :)

Please let us know if you do receive a letter from them !

Thank you - she is rather cute.. love to know what she is listening to :lol:

BCOBS

Just in case it might help anyone else out there, here's the content of my letter

=======================================================

Account : XXXXXXXX

Ref : Telephone conversation on 28.01.2014.

This letter is just to confirm the conversation I had with your representative James on Tuesday 28th January at 11:00am.

I called GE following receipt of a text message from GE which said that my payment date is on the 28th of each month.

I explained to your representative James that I requested the payment date to be changed to 7th of every month because that's the way I get paid into my Bank account,

which is on every 7th of the month.

I have been paying on the 7th of each month for the past nine months.

Your representative James acknowledged the payments being made on the 7th for the past 9 months, confirmed that paying on the 7th means the account is in credit for few days, and advised me to continue with this payment arrangements of paying on the 7th of each month.

Your representative James also confirmed that I will be issued with a letter to confirm the discussion, and payment dates.

This is my understanding of the conversation of today's date.

==========================================

Fingers crossed!

Edited by Munirs
error in calculating number of months since april!