7yrs old barclays debt just come back on credit file - help

Dorabell
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3053 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all just checked my credit report barclays have put a debt on there which as all ready been on and came off after 6 years can this be done again:???:

Should be 6 years only.

What type of debt is this ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

personal loan started 8/11/01 defaulted 27/07/08 last payment 27/01/08 updated 6/9/2015 this as dropped off once

Ask Barclays to remove it, as it should not be on there.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Send a letter recorded delivery to their ceo office

bypass useless call center

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Check the library on CAG. Think you just have to say that Barclays are only allowed to maintain record of default with the credit reference agencies for a period of 6 years and they are now in breach of this. Ask them to remove or a complaint will be taken up with the FOS and ICO.

Check the library on CAG. Think you just have to say that Barclays are only allowed to maintain record of default with the credit reference agencies for a period of 6 years and they are now in breach of this. Ask them to remove or a complaint will be taken up with the FOS and ICO.

thank you so much:-)

this is showing satisfactory not default?

this is showing satisfactory not default?

Debt should only be on record, if there is a continuing credit arrangement you are continuing to pay. Even then the default incident which is over 6 years old should not be on there.

I would only google it, look at Barclays website and then try to paste it over. But i am sure you can look it up online !

I would only google it, look at Barclays website and then try to paste it over. But i am sure you can look it up online !

thanks just found it:roll:

Head Office Customer Relations Barclays Bank PLC 1 Churchill Place London E14 5HP UNITED KINGDOM

thanks just found it:roll:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Debt should only be on record, if there is a continuing credit arrangement you are continuing to pay. Even then the default incident which is over 6 years old should not be on there.

Hi Uncle B just checked my file its been taken off thanks for your advice:-)

• 4 weeks later...

That's Barclay's for you ? They do have 8 weeks in which to respond to a complaint and it looks like they are going to take every second of that 8 weeks.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi Dorabell,

As the CRA marker has been removed (post #20), let them take their time.

Let us know how they reply.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

• 1 month later...
Hi Dorabell,

As the CRA marker has been removed (post #20), let them take their time.

Let us know how they reply.

hi just received a letter today here goes:|

We have finished our investigations

This letter is to let you now we have finised our investigations into your complaint and to tell you your decision i would like to assure you that we,ve looked in to your complaint very carefully:-)

About your complaint

your complaint was in summary

you have been reveiwing your credit history with the credit history with theCRA you have noticed an entry placed by barclayloan on the xx november 2001 you would like to now why this is still being reported on your credit file it defaulted on july 2008

you would like to now if barclays are aware that we are not allowed to report this to the CRA after a period of six years as seen by the date it is event it has been over six years and barclays are now in breach of this

you require to this to be removed

Our Decision

having search our internal records i can confirm that the default on your barclayloan was registered on march 2010:| as you have correctly mentioned

this will report on your credit file for six years from the date of the default has six years have not yet passed:???: there has been no error in this currently still reporting on your CRA as such i am unable to agree with this complaint:lol:( it has been taken off since :-))

if however you still beleive your CRA is still reporting incorrect information please supply us with a copy of your SCF this will cost you £2 showing this negative data and forward this to us i will be happy to open your complaint up again we will refund if action is have effected your credit file:| i do hope this has answers your complaint fully thank you for taking time to complain to us and hope you feel confident in letting us now again in the future

your next step

please get in touch with us if you would like further explanation of our decision if there is any thing you think i have not consider and you have more information to share with me let me now right away and ill be happy to look into this again

or i have the right to refer my complaint to the FOS free of charge you must do this with in six months of the date of this letter if you do not refer your complaint in time the FOS will not have the permission to consider your complaint and so will only be able to do so in a very limited circumstances

your sincerly xx Decision maker

Hi Dorabell,

When did you last make a pay't to this a/c.

We could do with some help from you

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)