style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wonder if they will refund the bailiff fees if the tickets went to bailiffs? Discuss.

http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/council-to-pay-back-hundreds-of-parking-fines_66808

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Wonder if they will refund the bailiff fees if the tickets went to bailiffs? Discuss.

http://www.motoring.co.uk/car-news/council-to-pay-back-hundreds-of-parking-fines_66808

What they will do is wait until a debtor contacts the local authority to request a refund and depending on the number of requests, refunds will likely be paid.

What they will do is wait until a debtor contacts the local authority to request a refund and depending on the number of requests, refunds will likely be paid.

They should be made to pay back automatically. Remember the Lendal Bridge farce when York Council said motorists had to apply for a refund despite the Council knowing who they all were, as far as I know there are no figures available as to how many refunds have been made - unless someone wants to make a FOI request.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

They should be made to pay back automatically. Remember the Lendal Bridge farce when York Council said motorists had to apply for a refund despite the Council knowing who they all were, as far as I know there are no figures available as to how many refunds have been made - unless someone wants to make a FOI request.

Would the bailiff fees be included in any refund though, as it looks like under TCE the £75 Compliance Fee would be un-refundable which is contrary to natural Justice if the original debt is void.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I would say if the debtor has let it get to that stage then they have asked for it, I cannot see the Council repaying anything but the PCN. To take it further may need a gamble in the Small Claims but would imagine most Judges would see it as their own fault for letting it get to that stage.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would say if the debtor has let it get to that stage then they have asked for it, I cannot see the Council repaying anything but the PCN. To take it further may need a gamble in the Small Claims but would imagine most Judges would see it as their own fault for letting it get to that stage.

I see your point, but if the PCN was unlawful ab-initio, and inter alia then surely the whole lot should be refunded.

No good trying to second guess "what ifs".

True the council will hang on to every penny it can.

They make it up as they go along after all they are the council, so consider that not only are they are above the law, they think they Are the law.