RAF drone strke in Syria on 2 UK citizens

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Migrants are wealth creators. They pay through direct and indirect taxation which inturn gives a boost to the internal economy of Germany.

Only when there is work to be had and there isn't already more potential workers than work.

On a side note, Cameron today announced that the RAF are making drone strikes 'in self-defense' in Syria (in addition to the RAF officers making strikes with US forces) despite the British Parliament vote denting permission for action in Syria.

It seems Cameron didn't get it, and doesn't give a damn.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

it was inevitable. next will be special forces (officially, as no doubt already there), then boots on the ground. they wont, if at all, be wholly defeated otherwise.

its a shame its come to all this. if only the lessons were learnt.

:)

I think it more worrying that Cameron decided to end the lives of British Citizens without a trial, and behind closed doors.

Dont get me wrong, they deserve it, BUT I worry about the slippery slope this leads too.

Effectively 2 UK citizens just got executed.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Since when did state sanctioned execution be lawful without a trial??

Everyone has the right to life, not matter what heinous crimes perpetrated

I think the fall out from this in the international community will force Camerons resignation

He has stuck two fingers up to parliament and international law

Since when did state sanctioned execution be lawful without a trial??

Everyone has the right to life, not matter what heinous crimes perpetrated

I think the fall out from this in the international community will force Camerons resignation

He has stuck two fingers up to parliament and international law

Worked for Blair !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Who did he order state sanctioned murder on one of its own citizens without a trial??

our soldiers that were killed in the 'illegal' war? :)

I can see it now in mosques across Britain

"Look what the infidel Cameron has done. He has executed 2 British Muslims without a trial! "

He just played right into ISIS's hands and just helped radacalise a dozen more.

The guys should of been snatched and returned here for trial

And then sentenced to 200 years hard labour with no chance of release.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I can see it now in mosques across Britain

"Look what the infidel Cameron has done. He has executed 2 British Muslims without a trial! "

He just played right into ISIS's hands and just helped radacalise a dozen more.

The guys should of been snatched and returned here for trial

And then sentenced to 200 years hard labour with no chance of release.

I agree

Make an example of them

You can run but you can never hide from British Justice

That British justice of fair play has now been dragged through the mud. The UK has always been regarded as fair in applying the rule of law on the international stage. We may never recover from this.

Putin will make political gain out of this and exploit

Soldiers were deployed as state sanctioned combatants when Blair instigated the Parliament act.

So the second gulf war cannot be illegal

it was illegal apparently, no justification under the international law of self defence.

afghanistan following 9/11 maybe, but not iraq.

I totally agree with you Ford

Liar Blair went over parliament with the Parliament act as supreme dictator. He had illusions of being "The little Corporal"

Our system of government don't allow for dictatorships, he had to take the commons with him. All Blair could do was tell a story and put an urgency on it that gave no time for checking the story before the action so he carried them with him.

Our system of government don't allow for dictatorships, he had to take the commons with him. All Blair could do was tell a story and put an urgency on it that gave no time for checking the story before the action so he carried them with him.

Errrr

You mean like Cameron and the British Parliaments SPECIFIC refusal for British military action/strikes in Syria?

Blair at least had the passive support of the majority of Parliament (and probably the majority of the UK public) for the Kuwait/Iraq military action.

Whatever happened to all the calls for investigation of Cameron for 'misleading' Parliament?

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

The only reason we are getting our knickers in a knot is that 2 of the people who were killed in the strike were British. However, they turned their back on Britain when they went out there to fight. If we had put "boots on the ground" - would we be getting uptight if they had killed any of our soldiers ! No of course we wouldn't we would be saying that "they knew the risks when they signed up".

Well so did those 2 guys.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

This was assassination dressed up as self defence. As Max Hastings points out in the Daily Mail today, ISIS are more interested in setting up a caliphate in Iraq and Syria, possibly expanding into other Islamic countries. At the moment we don't know if ISIS are planning any attacks on western countries. It there is no evidence that these two people killed by a drone were actively plotting an attack on UK mainland or on UK assets, then the self defence argument is nonsense and it was an illegal action. If this ends up in court, no self defence evidence is provided, the person who authorised it, could face prosecution.

I have no sympathy for anyone fighting terrorist causes and can totally understand actions against them. But where is the plan to deal with ISIS properly. UK/US might have to deal with Assad in helping his forces removed ISIS. The Russians will need to be supportive as well given their relationship with Syria. This does not mean that we want Assad to continue ruling Syria in the same way as before and we should make this clear. On the Iraq side andTurkish side there will need to be assistance by a coaltion of forces to bolster the defences to stop ISIS escaping, spreading the war elsewhere.

If we don't sort this mess out soon, in a few years it will be even worse. Max Hastings thinks ISIS will run out of steam in a few years and just disappear, but i don't think this is the case,given that they apparently have huge resources of money, arms and fighters.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Errrr

You mean like Cameron and the British Parliaments SPECIFIC refusal for British military action/strikes in Syria?

Blair at least had the passive support of the majority of Parliament (and probably the majority of the UK public) for the Kuwait/Iraq military action.

Whatever happened to all the calls for investigation of Cameron for 'misleading' Parliament?

The only reason we are getting our knickers in a knot is that 2 of the people who were killed in the strike were British. However, they turned their back on Britain when they went out there to fight. If we had put "boots on the ground" - would we be getting uptight if they had killed any of our soldiers ! No of course we wouldn't we would be saying that "they knew the risks when they signed up".

Well so did those 2 guys.

I'm sorry but I am fully with Citizen on this one. They denounced their British citizenship when they left the country and took up arms to fight against Britain.

All this silly outcry holds no water. Everyone will be joyous and applauding when jihadi john is eventually taken out, so what is the difference.

Accusations and calling it an assassination can't be substantiated without knowing the facts and I doubt if they will be released for fear of exposing intelligence sources, quite rightly.

Cameron did 'not' do this on his own, there will have been meetings with military and intelligence chiefs as well as members of the cabinet.

I'll repeat what I said earlier:

Everyone will be joyous and applauding when jihadi john is eventually taken out, so what is the difference.

Everyone is disgusted that this is nothing more than state sanctioned murder contrary to the rule of law

The final say was Cameron, the buck stops with him

It is about time he stopped playing party politics with our judicial system.

The amount of times the courts have overturned his policy decision during his tenure supports that conclusion

He will have to answer for this, the Russians and Chinese will not let this go away at the security council

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks