Lucas Collection Agency, for Lowell, vanquis debt - Statute Barred?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Quick Question,

I got a letter about an alleged debt with Lowell from Lucas.

I sent a CCA request with a £1 postal order,

got a letter back a month later saying "No payment was enclosed, so your request can't be dealt with"

(Appears to be a tactic to get a phone call to complain... I didn't bite)

Then I get a copy of an online application form for a credit card from the CC Company a few weeks later

Then a few weeks after that, I get a statement of account for the same credit card, with a copy of the online application form.

Then yesterday I get a letter asking me to pay for a 60% discount if paid in 1 go, 30% if paid over 3 months or 0% if I make a longer term payment plan.

I looked and the last payment was over 6 years, and also the account was "Closed - Writeoff" by the CC Company over 6 years ago too.

Am I right in saying this is Statute Barred, I have made no other contact with them (Or any other DCA) apart from the single CCA request?

Thanks in advance.

it looks that way

can you name names

and is this debt on your credit file?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

it looks that way

can you name names

and is this debt on your credit file?

dx

The original creditor is Vanquis Bank, then it looks like Lowells took it over and Lucas are collecting for them.

Not sure on credit file, I am in the process of ordering statutory reports, I have Noodle and it's not on there - but there are a few more that are over 6 years old... I was rather stupid in my younger days :-(

I have looked over the documents again, The last payment was in December 2008 (Although it appears to have been reversed due to DD not being collected)

The account was closed in July 2009 - Presumably sold to Lowell.

I have a few defaults and need to try and match up all 3 credit reports to see what's what.

Im sending this letter to them - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?387368-Letter-to-be-sent-when-debt-is-Statute-Barred-**Update-21st-April-2014**

Is Without Prejudice really needed in this letter?

Just send the SB letter. Its obviously SB or they have no paperwork, which is why they are offering discounts.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D