disappointed with one show.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3175 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just watched the one show ,with reference to the barry beavis case,

it was very misleading watching someone screw up penalty charge tickets,

and then explaining as to the demise of barry and the" private parking charge notice"

supreme court case awaiting the result in September,

which had totally no relevance to penalty charge notices given out by the police and local authorities.

You could lodge a formal complaint with the BBC that it was misleading or misrepresentative

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

You could lodge a formal complaint with the BBC that it was misleading or misrepresentative

It was the BBC, of course it was.....

Typical mainstream journalism that touches the surface, but ultimately reinforces the publics perception of Parking Charge Notices.

With their future under scrutiny this is a good time to be complaining to the bbc and OFCOM :)

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

It's probably out of ignorance and illiteracy. You all must have notice the gross grammar errors and mis spellings that haunt the ticker along the bottom of their news channel.

It has to be illiteracy as it goes around for hours and hours before getting changed, not doubt when a viewer emails them.

That ticker is maintained by interns and an automated script.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It's probably out of ignorance and illiteracy. You all must have notice the gross grammar errors and mis spellings that haunt the ticker along the bottom of their news channel.

It has to be illiteracy as it goes around for hours and hours before getting changed, not doubt when a viewer emails them.

I have to point it out.... :doh::lol:

Reference CAS-3459455-MRZZ4V

Thank you for contacting us regarding BBC One’s ‘The One Show’ as broadcast on 1 September.

We understand you feel our coverage of the issue of parking tickets was misleading, as you believe it gave the impression that penalty charge notices can be discarded without consequences, and that the programme didn’t make clear the difference between private parking charge notices and those issued by the police and local authorities.

The image of a penalty charge notice being screwed up was largely symbolic to reflect Barry’s attitude to the charges. We referred repeatedly to private parking and we endeavoured to make clear the distinction between this and local authority parking throughout the programme.

We appreciate that the Barry Beavis case is quite different to an ordinary parking charge notice and we thank you for your comments on how we covered the issue of parking charges.

We value your feedback about our programme. All complaints are sent to senior management and programme makers every morning and we included your points in this overnight report. These reports are among the most widely read sources of feedback in the BBC and ensure your complaint is seen by the right people quickly. This helps inform their decisions about current and future reporting.

Thanks again for taking the time to contact us.

Kind regards

David Glenday

BBC Complaintsreply from the BBC.

What the BBC should be doing is saying that they are not fines, just an invitation to pay or an invoice and has little legal standing unless a judge says it has via a county court judgement.

I wonder if they dumb things down so that they appeal to the lowest common denominator. They assume that people won't know the difference so blithely continue saying 'fine'

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

What the BBC should be doing is saying that they are not fines, just an invitation to pay or an invoice and has little legal standing unless a judge says it has via a county court judgement.

I wonder if they dumb things down so that they appeal to the lowest common denominator. They assume that people won't know the difference so blithely continue saying 'fine'

Im sure others are annoyed with the confusion between invoices/damages and fines and also between DCA's/Bailiffs.