Vehicles on HP can be sold by a bailiff. Evidence must be provided that there is no 'beneficial' interest.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I apologise if this has already been covered but i am not reading through 9 pages of arguing / bickering

Want to know if this goods can still be sold if on finance would also apply to cars with a log book loan on them

Not 9 pages surely ?

The question was raised before by coniff. But I dont think it was answered, the BOS agreement can be terminated if an enforcment actin is being considered by statute, no need for a contractual term.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/Vict/45-46/43/section/7

7 Bill of sale with power to seize except in certain events to be void.

Personal chattels assigned under a bill of sale shall not be liable to be seized or taken possession of by the grantee for any other than the following causes:—

(1)If the grantor shall make default in payment of the sum or sums of money thereby secured at the time therein provided for payment, or in the performance of any covenant or agreement contained in the bill of sale and necessary for maintaining the security;

(2)If the grantor shall become bankrupt, or suffer the said goods or any of them to be distrained[F1 , or taken control of using the power in Schedule 12 to the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007,] for rent, rates, or taxes;

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dodgeball,

John Kruse sent me a copy of his latest Bulletin this morning and it in he returns to the 'thorny' subject of goods on hire purchase. I am really pleased to see in his article that he has reproduced your detailed analysis regarding 'beneficial interest' etc. Well done.

Dodgeball,

John Kruse sent me a copy of his latest Bulletin this morning and it in he returns to the 'thorny' subject of goods on hire purchase. I am really pleased to see in his article that he has reproduced your detailed analysis regarding 'beneficial interest' etc. Well done.

Thanks BA , he said he was going to include my meanderings in his next publication. Hope he corrected my spelling mistakes. :-)

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS