Phil Abbey Claim

tust64
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I started my claim in September and i'm now at the point

of the small claims court, which I did online 8 Nov 06.

My initall claim was for £3200 :-x , they offered £953:lol: and I sent

the standard letter of excepting it but will still be claiming

the rest. After calculating the interest and £120 court charges,

my total claim is now £3906.

Has anyboy else got this far with Abbey and what was the outcome.

Phill

Abbey Prelim Letter sent 16/06/06 - LBA sent 30/06/06 - MCOL served 22/07/06 - Acknowledged 26/07/06 - Defended 16/08/2006 - Settled 20/09/06 :o

Abbey 2 Prelim Letter sent 22/09/06

Abbey 2 LBA sent 9/10/06

MCOL 03/11/06

Cap One Prelim sent 28/06/06 - LBA sent 13/07/06

MCOL served 05/08/06 - Acknowledged 02/08/06 - Served 05/08/2006 -Settled in full 22/08/06 :D :D

Halifax Prelim sent 03/07/06 - LBA sent 17/07/06

MCOL issued 03/08/06 - settled in full 09/08/06 :D

MBNA S.A.R sent 21/08/06 Settled 21/09/06 :-o

Morgan Stanley S.A.R sent 29/09/06

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

I applied online to proceed through the courts and the deadline is 27th November. I recieved a letter today from complaints in reference to me accepting the offer but on the under standing that I will be chasing the rest outstanding. (My letter was sent 21 Oct 06). Basically they said that £953 which they say has been paid into my account is a fair offer and for me to goto the Financial Ombudsman Service. Firsty only £650 has been credited to my account of which £265 was further charges so only £385 has actually been credited.

Should I write back to "Andy Graydon" Senior Customer Resolution Manager and ask him to breakdown these re-funds or just wait to see what happens in court. If I win my case I don't want Abbey to deduct £953 from the payout.

Any advice would be welcome. :)

Hi All

I applied online to proceed through the courts and the deadline is 27th November. I recieved a letter 20 Nov 06 from complaints in reference to me accepting the offer but on the under standing that I will be chasing the rest outstanding. (My letter was sent 21 Oct 06). Basically they said that £953 which they say has been paid into my account is a fair offer and for me to goto the Financial Ombudsman Service. Firsty only £650 has been credited to my account of which £265 was further charges so only £385 has actually been credited.

Should I write back to "Andy Graydon" Senior Customer Resolution Manager and ask him to breakdown these re-funds or just wait to see what happens in court. If I win my case I don't want Abbey to deduct £953 from the payout.

Any advice would be welcome. :-)

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the Reply James

I am a little worried about the GOGW, I recieved a letter 20 Nov 06 from complaints, which basically said that £953 had been paid into my account however only £650 has been credited to my account of which £265 was further charges so only £385 has actually been credited.

Since then I have had further charges which are not in my claim and they have repaid these back into my account.

I am a bit concerned that they will see these as further GOGW and take that out of my final settlement.

Tks Phill