UKCPS/Miah windscreen PCN

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3195 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Wonder if you can help. Last year we parked in a retail outlet car park, which is 2 hour free parking. We went into the shops within the retail park but also to shops in a neighbouring park and on our return found we had been invoiced by UKCPS as we had 'been observed leaving site'; although we were only parked for around 90 minutes.

I ignored the window sticker and awaited the first begging letter which arrived 66 days later so duly responded asking them to harass the driver of the vehicle and that I was under no obligation to inform them who that was. I, stupidly, thought that would be the end of it; alas no, they really are a persistent bunch.

On the 16th June I received another letter telling me this was my final warning and that I had to pay up immediately, I then received another letter on the 17th June telling me this was my final warning and that I had to pay up immediately.

These letters I ignored and now I have received a letter from The Miah Solicitors telling me I have 14 days to respond or court action 'may' result and that the letter is being sent 'in accordance with the Practice Direction on Pre-Action Conduct contained in the Civil Procedure Rules'

The letter is signed Debt Recovery Team; however I cant work out if this yet another begging letter with a new heading to scare me into coughing up or if this a letter warning that the next correspondence will be court papers?

Any advice on what my next move should be would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks!

I responded to the first letter as generally the advice is not to ignore but I did ignore the subsequent letters, which maybe I shouldn't have done. I did read up on POPLA appeals but was under the impression that this was not an option as UKCPS are not members of the Approved Operator Scheme run by BPA - this may well have been an error on my part!

If anyone can advise on what should my next move be I would really appreciate it

You have done the right thing. .......... Assuming you have the windscreen ticket (NTD) and the first letter (NTK).

The parking co. has between 29 and 56 days to get the NTK delivered from the date of the "offence".

Yours arrived after 66 days so they can only chase the driver. ........... They do not know who that is and you aren't going to tell them

are you saying this happened in 2014?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

imho you ignore them now

unless/until a claimform does appear [flying pigs too]

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well, theyre well out of time, they know it, so they would be VERY VERY VERY stupid to even consider court, let alone file any type of claim.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Miah solicitors are acting as a DCA and not as solicitors so they have no powers that your cat doesnt have when it comes to debt enforcement. You could send them a snotty letter saying that as the provisions of the PoFA were not adhered to no keeper liability has been created and they should refer the matter back to UKPCS and any further letters will be treated as harassment and reported likewise.

• dx100uk changed the title to UKCPS/Miah windscreen PCN