Nat west advantage gold account

janes
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3207 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

does anyone have a copy of terms and conditions for travel insurance advantage gold account for the year 2000

I am trying to put in claim to get back monies paid. I had a pre existing medical condition Cancer which the bank knew about. They are saying I can not claim as my insurance was valid.

I know it was not. I never went on holiday so the policy was useless.

Natwest Bank advantage gold compliance staff will have a copy. They have to keep copies of all documents they have issued.

Who did you declare the cancer to ? Branch staff ? What did they tell you at the time ?

The travel insurance would have been valid, but it would not have covered pre existing medical issues. They should have explained this and told you to phone the Travel Insurance dept before any trip was booked. The insurance staff would have asked various medical questions to see whether they could provide cover including the cancer issue and if so how much extra it would cost.

The policy as it was, would have covered non cancer related issues, cancellation, curtailment, lost personal possessions. So you won't get any refund and the FOS would not make them either. All you can do is make a complaint that you were not advised about the product and feel let down as a result. Natwest may issue a token amount of compensation for any apparent lack of information.

I have seen your complaint numerous times. If you complain enough to Natwest retail bank head office, they may give in and pay you something. But if it goes to the FOS, you won't get anything.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

Tx will ask them for a copy. I had a loan with natwest in 1999 and when I was diagnosed with cancer I phone them to ask to extend it. The man was very rude and said well if you got cancer we need to get out money back. A friend paid the loan off that day for me. When I came out of hospital at end of October Nat west sent me an apology and a huge bouquet of flowers

Stupidly I stayed with them and in October 2000 was persuaded to open advantage gold account. They are saying I can not claim money back as pre existing medical conditions were covered unless I was an inpatient treatment

So just needed a copy of the policy to check

To be honest. Having dealt with Travel Insurance issues, i doubt any packaged travel product would have automatically covered a cancer related issue, unless you phoned them first before buying a holiday or going on a trip. Until you have answered specific questions about the medical condition, about any recent tests etc, then the insurers underwriters would not be happy with the risk.

It is quite possible the policy terms and conditions will contradict what you were told. If so, then they should pay you a relevant sum.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread