How long to update new address

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Having moved to Northern Ireland, i bite the bullet and register with the local electoral services. Seems they also send out an Electoral ID Card with your photo on it as well.

All my past indiscretions are now well and truly statute barred (Default date) and the final account reaches the six year mark in January 2016 to be removed from the credit agencies.

Now i am expecting to be deluged from the likes of Robinson way etc chancing their arm. I realise they will have to take any action through the Northern Ireland courts if they are that stupid and not Northampton

So my Question is:

1/ When will the credit agencies be updated with my new address

2/ How best to kill these bottom feeders with one hit when the contact me . I have made a new life for myself now with a fresh start

1) No real idea? But it won't harm you doing it yourself by informing them of your new address.

They will quite possibly know anyway, have you checked your CRF recently?

2) The easiest way is to ignore them, the only thing you don't ignore are court papers, but that will be unlikely unless these amounts are of any significance?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

I only signed the tenancy agreement with the local authority last week and moved in on Thursday. Monday i registered with the electoral services and they said i will be on the register from the 1st September

I have been ignoring them for years and i do not wish to start contacting them now they are statute barred with my new address

TBH cwk, it is a false sense of security to try and hide from them, actually what I mean is, it is pointless

wasting your time effort and energy in avoiding them, they are pretty much so incompetent, that there is no effort

required!

I wouldn't worry one little bit.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The thing is my brother has phoned me to state Marstons have been sniffing around my old place in england

It is only after doing some digging that i find out Marstons now own Cabot and Robinson way DCA

It has been Robinson way doing the chasing on behalf of Cabot.

I have no worries as stated as the accounts i had are now statute barred. We do not have Bailiffs in Northern Ireland either as they have been deemed legitimate targets by both the Provo's and Nationalists

Seems Marstons thought they could intimidate under the Bailiff Disguise when they are nothing more than door step collectors

Update the Credit Reference Agencies yourself !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Update the Credit Reference Agencies yourself !

All of them?

I have recently moved house - last time I moved I informed my bank, Halifax, who then informed the CRAs and I didn't need to do anything else.

This time, I have informed Halifax, but the address shown in Noddle hasn't changed.

Given the idea that one of the DCA could slip in a court case, I think it would be wise to get the details up to date.

Do I just write them a letter stating my old address and new? And full name and dob?

Is that all it will take?

Thanks,

Sue

Brought to my knees by the banks, but up and standing again. Nearly.

I have now contacted Experian, Equifax, and Noddle using their free 0800 phone number. Noddle i did on line as i subscribe to their free service.

Experian were a real pain trying to flog me their credit expert but they have all now stated they will be updated with my correct address when the next report cycle updates (End of the month)

Just like you i am worried the Debt Collection agencies will try and use a previous address to get a CCJ as all my past financial indiscretions are now statute barred.

DOB

Any outstanding credit Commitments

Mothers maiden Name

Email me to confirm it was me

It was quite straight forward as i had subscribed to their free 30 day trial periods and they already had all my details

When you first register for this they will ask such questions only you will know, if you get them wrong it will throw you out and you then have to use the old fashioned pen and ink approach

• 2 weeks later...

Just a Quick question

If a ****** DCA issues a claim form at a previous address:

Can you use that as a defence in any set aside hearing if you have always been on the electoral register. The DCA have direct access to the Credit agencies to confirm current address details so they have no excuse.

The point i am making is that even if you did not inform the DCA of your new address prior to the claim form served at a previous address, even if you are on the electoral register at your new address, can they still do it? It is not as though you have dropped off the face of the planet