costs added in error

iconoclash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi - I am really stuck with this,

I had legal costs added to my mortgage (past repo attempt) but they were above what the court allowed,

eventually I got them back by going to court but they remain on my balance attracting interest.

The mortgage company say I should have given them the money (about £1,500) but it was not actual money, it was charges they added.

I asked the legal firm the mortgage company had used to take me into court originally, to show that the mortgage company had actually paid out the amount

they had not - the legal firm had charged the right amount but the mortgage company elevated the costs, as they do.

I am still stuck wondering what I can do about the additional £12-15k they will have made out of me for interest on that 'notional money'.

Any ideas as the FOS don't seem to understand.

There is no agreement that covers this and they are now saying it forms a new loan but I cannot understand how when they caused all the problems by trying to adding fees unlawfully.

thanks in advance.

It. May be good to send them a SAR that will get all the data they hold on you and statments

As I expect there are lots of late payment fees aswell that can be reclaimed

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

I have all the data and think I need a good solicitor now as I have tried everything else already and I know I'm right about the wrong doing on their part, they cannot be allowed to simply print money like this, where this is no term or condition that states that legal fees can attract interest - and since those were the basis of their additions to the mortgage balance I would love to see them show a judge what they are relying on here. Onwards me thinks..

I have all the data and think I need a good solicitor now as I have tried everything else already and I know I'm right about the wrong doing on their part, they cannot be allowed to simply print money like this, where this is no term or condition that states that legal fees can attract interest - and since those were the basis of their additions to the mortgage balance I would love to see them show a judge what they are relying on here. Onwards me thinks..

You can do it yourself you do not need a solicitor

Let the site team look at this

If you don't get a response soon hit the triangle that will aleart them to this thread

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)