Credit Resolution Services and Harlands

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have read all the comments about the issues with CRS and Harland but I believe that my case is a little different I do not understand what should be my first step to the CRS letter.

Situation: I joined Xercise4less in Oct 2013 and I wanted to cancel my membership in the beginning of this year (Feb2015 - 14 months later). I called Xercise4less and spoke to someone about the cancelation, they said that I have to pop in and fill a form.

I went to the gym and filled the form and the receptionist said to me in the lines of, by filling this form you are giving us a notice of 30 days. Come to April 2015 I was still paying to Harlands and when I called the gym they said that I have to give a proof of cancelation. I was speechless, I was chocked and so I spoke to my bank 'Lloyds' they told me not to worry, that they will cancel my DD and they will refund me any payments taken after March 2015.

Now I have received the FIRST letter from CRS saying that because I have ignored all previous letters I am being charged £102 plus £100 for non payments :mad2:.

I have all my bank statements confirming all payments of 14 months. I do not have a proof of cancelation.

I would like to know what approach should I have and who shall I contact first? My Bank, Harlands, Xercise4less or CRS?

Thank you for your time in anticipation .

Slick will be along soon.

Bank is completely innocemt so nothing to do with them. Have you recalled all payments from them for that period after cancellation?

I would send them a quick letter saying;

I cancelled on this date, Ive paid you the correct amounts up until this date where 30 days notice was given.

I owe you nothing. I filled in a form giving my 30 days notice on this date. Please refer to the gym as they will have this information.

Plus these guys wont do anything to you so no need to worry...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

And just remember they are not bailliff crs are a powerless dca

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

And just remember they are not bailliff crs are a powerless dca

Dx

Exactly... Thats the beauty of it, They are powerless and can do virtually nothing apart from cut down hundreds of trees to harass you...

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

As long as the bank has refunded you any money the gym has taken, incorrectly, from your account,

then there is nowt to worry about.

I would however be making a complaint each and every time, this powerless parasite CRS contacts you begging for their grubby money.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Illusion and welcome to CAG

Your case is no different to hundreds of others we've seen.

You've filled in a cancellation form and it's "gone missing" !!

1. Can you work out the exact date you went into the gym and maybe also the time.

2. Can you identify the date and time you called the gym by phone saying you wanted to cancel. This can also count as notice of intent to cancel.

Ignore Harlands/CRS for now.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Firstly, many thanks to all your support and quick responses. I appreciate your help.

Secondly, I will as you have suggested, send a letter to CRS to clarify the situation. With all dates of cancellation, duration of my membership and DDs.

I have checked again and I have paid them for over a year of subscription.

And finally I apologise if this case is similar to others.

I will try to keep you up to date of any further actions they take. I was just worried about them taking me to court or putting me on a list and mess my credit history.

Illusion

It's the first time that I am dealing with these type of people. I believed they had authority to take my belongings so I got scared but I feel much better now.

Thanks again for your support.

It's the first time that I am dealing with these type of people. I believed they had authority to take my belongings so I got scared but I feel much better now.

Thanks again for your support.

What? Wow.... When you realise that;

They have to open a claim against you,

They would have to give evidence that you owed the money and say why their penalty charges are legal.

If they won they would get a CCJ (They wouldn't)

The court would arrange a payment plan if you cant pay.

Then if you breached the agreement, the court could arrange for enforcement at the last point.

The bailiff would then attempt a few times to contact you...

Then it goes on. A DCA has no right to collect on your belongings!

Smile! You've just shoved a shotgun to the face of Harlands... :lol:

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

You need to remember, you've clearly followed the right process... It wouldnt stand up in court.

CRS dont do court anyway and plus they are Harlands..

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi Illusion,

Before you write anything to anyone, can you answer Q's 1 & 2 in post #7 above.

Then we can suggest what you should write, and to whom (the gym, Harlands or CRS).

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Hi Slick132,

I cannot recall the exact date. It was around the 16th February 2015 in the afternoon that I called the gym and at about 5 pm next day I went to the gym. I filled in the form and gave it to one of the gym employee at the reception.

I called my bank at the end of April 2015 to cancel the DD.

There you go Slick132

Illusion453

Hi Illusion and thanks for the info.

Letter to Xercise4Less Head Office at this address - http://www.xercise4less.co.uk/contacts

I refer to my membership at XXX gym which I joined in October 2013.

I wanted to cancel and called the gym on 16th February 2015 to confirm this. I was asked to go into the gym to fill in a form, which I did on the 17th. The form was left with your staff and I was told I was giving 30 days notice. I assumed the last DD to be paid was in March.

When Harlands took a further DD payment in April I contacted the gym and was astonished that your staff said I should provide proof of cancellation ! Of course, I had none as I trusted the gym to deal properly with the form that I completed in February. I have since received demands for large sums from Harlands/CRS

I require that you tell the gym and Harlands/CRS to make no further demands.

I further require you to confirm, in writing within 14 days, that the matter is closed and that I've paid all that I owe.

If you fail to sort this properly or you allow Harlands/CRS to make any further demands, I will take further action including, but not limited to, formal complaints to Trading Standards and The CMA.

Send to the gym by RM Signed For delivery and keep the receipt.

:-)

Wow that's great.

I will do that tomorrow morning.

I do not know how to thank you guys. Especially Slick.

Thank you for your support, I am speechless to the high level of your help. I will keep you up dated with all further action they take.

Illusion