style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Great points all around , i would say Grumpy that although someone's age does not indicate vulnerability as there is no definitive description within the act or regulations.

I think the standards do indicate that this is a situation where vulnerabilty may be present and the wise EA should at least consider this and adjust his/her actions accordingly.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

An update from this morning. My parents Ward councillor had no interest in mediation on there behalf with the council and could not understand the circumstances with my debt their home. Phoenix contacted me saying they did not accept the affidavit or tenancy agreement as proof of ownership of the goods. The CGA still stands because the EA claims I agreed to it! The only way to take this off my folks was full payment £422 as a payment plan leaves the CGA/warrant still hanging over them.

I now have to rely on Phoenix complaint s procedure as they wouldn't suspend action while it was dealt with leaving my parents vulnerable to the EA. I hope now they've been paid they take my grievance as seriously as when i hadn't. Again any advice clarifying who, how i complain to other than Phoenix and wether it should be me or father will be appreciated. Thank you everyone so far

I dont see how you can possibly agree a tcog agreement on someone else's goods, however it is all about applying pressure, and it does not seem like you're getting any help from the creditor either.

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

I dont see how you can possibly agree a tcog agreement on someone elseses goods, however it is all about applying pressure, and it does not seem like you're getting any help from the creditor either.

The CGA must be void as it is on third party goods, however the council and Phoenix will let you think they can do what they want, try your MP and the council Elected Leader and CEO. Which council is this?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanet District Council. They are not interested and my only of contacting the CEO was stopped through the ward councillor. It's now a question of complaints and not getting brushed off. I'm led to believe that the only body an EA would have to explain themselves to is a judge and that an expensive risk based on a code of conduct. The only thing that did cross my mind was that if a CGA was incorrectly used would the events surrounding it become a criminal offence? Unlikely I imagine

madeline.homer@thanet.gov.uk (remove the space automatically added by the forum software).

No one can stop you emailing her, and you'd do well to remind her that the council are fully responsible for every action that their agents take thumbup.gif

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.