A1 Comms telecoms debt - now court threats.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3170 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A few years Ago a phone contract was purchased through one of A1 Comms online companies, The contract we where told was after a credit check and an agreement to sign a 2 year contract with O2.

Now after 14 months my son wanted to change network so we called the service provider and they said to end our contract we had to pay an outstanding amount which we did.

Over a year went past and all was good until my wife got a call from Burlington saying we owed them over £350

we told them to send us a copy of any paperwork and I was told by an "English Person" in some weird tongue that he could not send us paperwork as they did not have our address and would we confirm it.

I told my wife not to speak to them as it must be a [problem]

however over the next two weeks she got numerous calls and then BINGO they sent us a letter (they must have found the address).

We contacted O2 and they said under our credit agreement with them we had paid it off in full and there was no monies outstanding.

I then find out that in the small print it says A1comms can charge us if we end our contract early,

when I contacted them they said it was because A1comms subsidised the handset of which I said "Rollocks" as the amount I had paid to O2 was more than enough to cover the handset and airtime + commission and we got NO DISCOUNT from O2 paying it early.

Now I can buy the phone NEW now sim free for £100 so why are they charging me £350+ when they would have got no where near that in the first place.

Its not as if A1comms called us first and said "you owe us money" they just past it on to Burlington Parasites Group which I find remarkable.

What can I do as £350+ is NOT a reasonable charge and is NOT what they would have got from O2.

Cheers

Nick

Keep an eye on it.

Looking at there web site they are just chancers.

16.3 Upon termination of the Contract for any reason:

16.3.1 the Customer shall immediately pay to the Supplier all outstanding invoices, and in respect of any part of the Price and Additional Charges or other sums payable by the Customer but for which no invoice has been submitted, the Supplier may submit an invoice which shall be payable immediately on receipt; and

16.3.2 each party shall return, delete or destroy all Confidential Information and all other information which has been provided to it by the other party belonging to that other party in whatever medium in accordance with the instructions of that other party; and

16.3.2 is so bad it's laughable.

Someone what's to spoof you into paying for their next holiday. :wink:

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

This is now at court threatening stage giving me 14 days before action,

if it was my account I would just say come on then but as it's in the mother in laws.

From day one they have not behaved correctly?,

They did not make any contact with us before appointing Burlington

and they have admitted that is how they do things.

Any help

Nick

if but maybe not will

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...