littlewoods and admin fees for their mistake

Jase1982
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6377 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Littlewoods appear to have added around £60 in 'administration' costs over a period of time (of which I do not know), to my finance account. I sent them an E-mail saying these charges are unlawful and I will not pay anything to my account until these are removed from my statement. I even went into one about issuing them with an LBA and seeking judgement through the Small Claims Court.

I got an E-mail back saying to contact some payments department on a number that was provided.

Is there any advice anyone can give me or should I just send them the LBA?

Cheers,

Hello,

Littlewoods appear to have added around £60 in 'administration' costs over a period of time (of which I do not know), to my finance account. I sent them an E-mail saying these charges are unlawful and I will not pay anything to my account until these are removed from my statement. I even went into one about issuing them with an LBA and seeking judgement through the Small Claims Court.

I got an E-mail back saying to contact some payments department on a number that was provided.

Is there any advice anyone can give me or should I just send them the LBA?

Cheers,

Send them another email telling them you dont discuss financial matters over the telephone and to put what they have to say in writing.

PUTTING IT IN WRITING & KEEPING COPIES IS A MUST FOR SUCCESS

yeah, that was another thing I was thinking of doing. I hate the fact I am being charged interest on top of their silly administration charges! I should have a balance nearer £100. I am actually incurring charges on a balance of £220!

Ok, now I'm wound up!

I received another reply saying please contact our customer service team. This was despite stating that I will take legal action!

I supose it's off to the LBA section then?!

I'm fed up of dealing with automated robots that do not know the law or have any idea about good customer service!

Be careful about not paying them anything at all, if part of the balance is in fact money you owe. You should maintain payments until things are sorted, or they could default you and create all kinds of difficulties for you. Obviously, if the amount outstanding is solely down to penalty charges, it's another story.

• 3 weeks later...

Do not talk to me about these buffoons

I had a washing machine off them last year and started to pay in August

I rang to pay the first payment but asked if it was possible to extend the payments as in between time Hubby Moss had been diagnosed with MS and very poorly so our finances had changed drastically.

Yes they said no problem and it was reduced to £40.00 a month

early Oct I thought better send them a cheque

made it out for £81.00 as to cover Sept and Oct.

Then in early Nov they sent me a letter saying I was in arrears

I rang them they said they had no record of my reviewed payments plus they were saying they had not recieved the cheque

we did as requested and checked with our bank Cheque No **** cashed on the 18th of Oct had given up ringing them and being passed from pillar to post so had taken to emailing

I asked them to locate this payment and they came back and said we would have to get a photo copy of the cheque

not a sorry or a please and tried to say it was my fault and yet I know I would of put our address on the back and the name would tally on the front

The only thing I could of left off is the Acc No for LW....And yet they cashed it

T

we wrote to our bank YB three weeks ago and still nothing and not likely to be as we have just started a claim in the courts.

if we were to go to the bank will they still have the cheque there as I really need to get this sorted if anyone knows that would be great

I have since made another payment and got their finance office to agree that the £40.00 would of been correct

I want a big apology from these idiots and their admin fees taken off