TV Licence Fine

PhoenixLaw
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I was looking to see if anyone had any advice as I can't seem to find a lot online.

My partner has received a £190 court fine for missing TV licence payments and we were only given 7 days in which to pay the fine.

The money is expected to be paid tomorrow and we cant afford £190 in one go, we could pay a bit now and more later in the month.

Does anyone know who to contact to see if they are able to negotiate a longer payment term?

Thank you!!

Hi

I think you should contact the court ASAP.

Did you attend court or did you plead guilty by post? Did they not send you a form to fill re: income and expenditure.?

Better informed peeps than me can (hopefully) provide better info

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi, thank you for the response.

I helped my partner to respond by letter pleading guilty with income and expenditure completed.

I was unaware that the I&E was required 3 days prior to the hearing so am unsure if this was taken into account. It would have been received by the court the day before the hearing. I did email in advance to advise that it would be with them on the specific day.

You need to contact the court ASAP and inform them that you are unable to pay the court fine by the date they have stipulated.

Phone the fines officer at the court and ask if the payments can be reduced OR paid via instalments.

If you do nothing then they can/will use bailiffs to recover the fine an d the costs will double, if not triple!

In future, whenever one of these capita goons comes knocking your door because ''your property is unlicensed'' tell em to bog off and put the wood back in the hole.

You are under absolutely zero legal obligation to talk to these commission paid goons on your property.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you. I will get in touch with the court today to see if there is any flexibility.

Roll on when TV license is a thing of the past! I can understand 10-20 years ago need to pay for this but these day's, especially with how the BBC operates its just a joke!

You don't need a licence if you watch catch up, although in light of the governments latest profit pocketing exercise, the BBC is likely to try and keep failure to pay the telly tax a criminal rather than civil offence, either way, never paid never will.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Noticed on one of the 24 hour news programmes that catch up programming is likely to need a TV licence as well. It seems Osbourne is giving and taking at the same time! The BBC are going to have to fund the free over 70's licence and in return anyone who watches catch up or any form of TV on non TV devices will pay the licence fee - whch incidentally is supposed to increase with inflation that has taken place over the last few years.

So expect a hike in licence fees and more hounding to pay them if the catch up TV exemption is removed. Yet another 'tax' to clobber the less well off!

Noticed on one of the 24 hour news programmes that catch up programming is likely to need a TV licence as well.

Yes correct, however, it is highly likely to become decriminalised by the end of this year anyway.....so their threats will carry about as much weight as powerless DCA's.

• 3 weeks later...

Just moved, so called them to say I don't need a license. Straight away started asking questions about what I watch and how. Eventually managed to mark down that I don't need a license for 2 years, (maximum they accept).

Shall I also call the local park bailiff to tell them I don't need a fishing license? Better call the DVLA and tell them I don't need a HGV license either while I'm at it.

Just moved, so called them to say I don't need a license. Straight away started asking questions about what I watch and how. Eventually managed to mark down that I don't need a license for 2 years, (maximum they accept).

Shall I also call the local park bailiff to tell them I don't need a fishing license? Better call the DVLA and tell them I don't need a HGV license either while I'm at it.

You do have your licence for breathing ? Nothing is free these days !

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Bet they start sending you letters next month!

Now you're legal free of the 'fee', any future begging letters, just don't respond to them, when they send you

missives addressed to ''The legal occupier', you've won!

No contact, no calls, no correspondence, no talking to any of their powerless cr@pita goons on your own property.