style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3239 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure, I thought it might have been a spam email so bottled it on the last click......

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Not sure, I thought it might have been a spam email so bottled it on the last click......

At first I was unsure but note I do have the Get Windows 10 icon in the taskbar now. I have sinced registered an interest.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am also registered and from reading the blurb, it is the full program and they begin then roll out in July.

I just hope it is not too different that I get lost. Once I get the notification, a full back up will be in order.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Have been evaluating the test release on a different hard drive. It is much better than Windows 8, as it brings more useability for mouse again. Looks clean, but it will rely on buying stuff from the App Store, and will enable better linking of X-Box across home networks,

However check perip[herals like printers etc, some may not work in Windows 10.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I haven't got an XBox, I have an old PS3 I use to store films on - playing games isn't the primary use for my PC. I do wish the manufacturers would realise that 'gaming' isn't the sole use of a PC.

Many mainstream PCs up to say £600 in PC World, would not be very good for gaming, well maybe some older titles. The graphics especially if they are onboard will not be good enough. A PC was and is primarily a business machine that just happened to be marketed as white goods back in the 1990s, the rest is history.

Many people get by with a tablet. If someone just wants to play games, a console is cheapest option.High end graphics cards start at what you would pay for a PS 4

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Here is TechRadar's view of Windows 10, should answer a few questions.

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/software/operating-systems/windows-10-1267364/review

must agree with #8 also most games are released on consoles first / I have a console and a gaming pc , but am I going to pay to upgrade the pc anymore Nope ! since I use a laptop for all my work and my console I now I wont have to change it for 5 yrs + since they are still selling the one before it as well . I am thinking of how much money I would save . mobo £600 Graphics £400+ there you go a grand spent on a upgrade and at this moment I can use that £1000 for something else .

must agree with #8 also most games are released on consoles first / I have a console and a gaming pc , but am I going to pay to upgrade the pc anymore Nope ! since I use a laptop for all my work and my console I now I wont have to change it for 5 yrs + since they are still selling the one before it as well . I am thinking of how much money I would save . mobo £600 Graphics £400+ there you go a grand spent on a upgrade and at this moment I can use that £1000 for something else .

Perfectly valid choice, now as to the hardcore PC gamers out there there are some 4K monitors available to use that shiny graphics card to power.

You could buy a reasonable PC including a screen for the price of those puppies.

To get the free upgrade your system must be on the net and have a valid and activated license. Since I have several PC's I have registered an interest for windows 10. This is due out for release in late July.

A good system but will not have DVD functionality and I believe it will not come with media player. With a 4k monitor the graphics are brilliant, maybe time to upgrade the monitor soon as well. Don't forget you will need the correct HDMI lead for 3d rendering too.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

To get the free upgrade your system must be on the net and have a valid and activated license. Since I have several PC's I have registered an interest for windows 10. This is due out for release in late July.

A good system but will not have DVD functionality and I believe it will not come with media player. With a 4k monitor the graphics are brilliant, maybe time to upgrade the monitor soon as well. Don't forget you will need the correct HDMI lead for 3d rendering too.

Something like Power DVD will probably bring that back, and VLC is a good choice for a 3rd party app so long as it can be installed, will try it on the preview, as I have a Blu Ray writer for burning Blu Ray copies of videos I have filmed for client's I will check that works also.

Build 10158 came in today, wow, this really is some OS. Project Spartan is no more and is now using it's real title of Edge and with the edge icon on the taskbar.

Are you up to date yet BN ?

Will be updating later today VLC brought DVD playback to the previous build, tried it out Any DVD worked as well

....... If someone just wants to play games, a console is cheapest option.High end graphics cards start at what you would pay for a PS 4

ps4 or xbox1...?

IMO

:-):rant:

ps4 or xbox1...?

That is entirely up to the punter as I am a PC gamer, I don't care either way, Steam Platform and GOG galaxy suit me fine. I have a work reason for a high powered rig anyway, so next upgrade will probably be a GPU, and a big 21:9 screen as I am using two 23"Ultrasharp Dells at present

Have tried the ultra wide screens. They are a pain to use. Distortion is a big issue unless you are splitting the screen.

Are OK for games, but I would be splitting it in Lightworks or Kdenlive, as my dual screens are set up to use one for clip and output monitors, and the other holds the timeline and assets. The desktop is spanned across both for effectively 3860 x 1080, so 2 office docs per screen allowing cut and paste between them

The curved Dell U3415W looks OK, but the lag and £650 price is a bit steep.