Dreaded insurance blemain help needed

Amygav07791
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3242 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

How can I stop these people they say I owe 4-5k for there insurance while I had a loan I've paid my contractual payments I complained to the Ombusmen but it was over a certain time but they tried anyway now they have closed the case so they must side with blemain so now I'm stuck

Ombudsman are usless in fact they are not even that good! ask them for a copy of the policy for the period they are charging from ask them to prove they actually insured you. did you have your own insurance?

Yes I had buildings and contents insurance but not with there name on it as I wouldn't do it cause they already has it secured on my house and although this was in the small print it was not mentioned to me until the loan had well started

Basically its quite normal for a lender to insist that you have buildings insurance, on a property that is used for security, if you have done that and can prove it, then, i would have thought that if someone else no matter who they are cant insure the property as well as only one of you can claim if somthing happens. (but this needs looking into) its clear that Blemain use this as a money making machine, to rip off its customers by charging them extotionate fees well above the going rate. so the first thing that needs looking into is does their "insurance company" exist or is it thier own in house company. secondly by blemain insisting that they are put on the insurance in preferanceto you would be deemed a unfair term in the contract which if you read through "welsh person"s threads i am sure he coverd this point. The unfair term of contract is key and they would not want to see this in court and lose as the implecations would be damaging. But unfair they are! and unfair term it is, its very difficult getting a good solicitor that knows what they are doing whith contracts but they are out there.

But to answear your original question if they cant produce the proof then it dosent exist! if they can they have exercised the unfair term of the agreement.