Accident at work.Issues with being paid, sick form etc.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A colleague at work had an accident at work and was signed off until 22nd June.However,the company are refusing to pay him until he brings his sick form in personally.Can the company do that ,because if you have been signed off unfit to work, how can the company expect you to come into work and bring your sick certificate and fill in sickness payment forms? I was under the impression that if you had an accident on company premises and were signed off work, then the company has to pay you full pay?

No pay if contract says not but you would be entitled to sue for lost earnings. Sick note can be posted so I would bet that no clause in contract says you have to get from your sick bed to take in note. Just a manager trying to cover his backside by trying to prove that injury not as bad as claimed- will probably tell HSE/insurers that he saw colleague dancing in the street....

A colleague at work had an accident at work and was signed off until 22nd June.However,the company are refusing to pay him until he brings his sick form in personally.Can the company do that?

Hi NM,Sorry to hear about your colleagues accident at work. I hope he/she made sure it was recorded in the accident book, etc...?As regards payment for work that your colleague was contracted to do, but could not, then if they can ask for this depends really on two issues:a) Whether your colleague had the benefit of some kind of 'contractual sick pay scheme' in his/her contract of employment. If they did and the benefit extended by this right exceeded what you would be entitled to by law (e.g. SSP), then the employer could (in theory) make receipt of this dependant on production of a MED3 or sick note from day one of the absence.b) If all they pay is SSP, then whilst the first 3 days may be unpaid, normally they should pay from day 4, and cannot demand a sick note until day 7+ as you can self-certificate for one week.Hope this helps.Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]