style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3275 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As the title states this is an observation only but the net shows otherwise see here for more info

here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NtPfh57FiUUor

Or here for a Motability car

Here is my issue, we are over a year post new regs, these video plus more are freely available to view, you know where. Why are the EA's still continuing to be aggressive and intimidating, crying wolf with the cops and much more. Not only that even getting caught on camera telling porkies even when proper officers are in attendance.

I believe this could just be the tip of the iceberg and needs much more control again this shows that EA's are just as ruthless today as they were 14 months ago

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They are arrogant, judgmental and harsh because they can be. To them a debtor is a nonentity unworthy of respect, they owe money, so are beneath contempt. Plus the debtor is their cash cow.

So in video 1 the bailiff is after kids toys, as the X box is downstairs, he is having the kids games away with the adult ones.

Wonder what those coppers would have done if there were a couple of 9 year old's present who attacked the bailiff with a water pistol. or a Thomas tank tow when he had their games away?

Video 2w the EA had clamped a Motability car, but the bod filming the EA did himself no favours,neither did the EA.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

BN we all know that but, why do they continue to treat all debtors the same as in these videos? We are after all people. I would get into trouble if I spoke to the Police this way!!

Given that they are so forceful then when they get hurt why should we even give them and white space to talk about them? My point is treat as you want to be treated was my motto but now who knows.....

We have over the past year heard so some horrible situations already, this was supposed to have been a thing of the past I guess not in reality, so the war of contrition continues.

One of my videos was a 2 part one did you see both parts, it stems from a Motability car clamping too....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

No didn't see part 2 link please, but why would they clamp a Motability car? of course because they are big hard Common Purpose act beyond authority marstons. Was the Blue badge on display?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

talk about tarring everyone with the same brush

the only videos on youtube about bailiffs are the freeman clowns shouting over everyone and making a scene.

no ones going video a pleasant cooperative bailiff & debtor talking to each other and arranging payment of a due debt because its not worthy of a video is it.

there are at least 2165 bailiffs registered in england and wales.

you can no way assume all EA's are arrogant because of the videos you see on the internet.

regards the videos - to be fair the EA was ok in the first one.

it was the freeman idiot holding the camera and the rude police woman losing her rag with the cameraman that were the problem hence the arrest

and the second one i admit that is not how to act as an enforcement officer however i understand the EA and cameraman have a history as the bailiff says "ive had you arrested a few times" or words to that effect

None of the beliefs held by "Freemen on the land" have ever been supported by any judgments or verdicts in any criminal or civil court cases.

Thanks, that guy is the pits. He is not fit to hold a Certificate

What you need to understand is a post earlier in this forum has caused some issues, but as seen this sort of behaviour was to have stopped, it has clearly seen, like I have said many times before please someone inform the EA that debtors are human, as seen in the last post at #8.

Surely the older generation of "bailiff" needs to be re-educated in they way to handle situations better, all of the above videos could easily be used as a training video on how NOT to behave as an EA....... In video 3 above shows how badly they act then try to change when confronted with a situation that could easily have been avoided in the first place, This EA waited for some time for a distraction entry, again not tennis is it.....

Having posted on a previous thread regarding CCTV it will make every-ones life so much harder to have "decent" enforcement because of the DPA and everything that goes with it. BWV are good to a point but then again how does all of this help in the end if there are too many cover-ups involved?

I guess you can always make your own videos as evidence in case the BWV is accidentally lost, deleted or whatever.

While I agree EA's should not all be tarred with the same brush, the bailiffs who came out to me were lying knobs, and that's being pretty polite. I suppose not many come onto forums to pay compliments to EA's.

As regards to post 8 it seemed to me that at the beginning the EA as pointed out used distraction to gain entry but on the whole came across as a sincere caring person, is this the case because it was being recorded or due to the fact he was genuine and proffessional, I would like to believe the latter unlike the EA who clamped the mobility car and was an absolute disgrace tho it wasn't helped by the attitude of the person filming.

What I still can't understand that after all these years of police attending incidences like this that there seems to be a lack of knowledge regarding what is legal for an EA to do or not do, especially with the rise of non payment of council tax, maybe more training in this area is required or a specialized officer per borough to ensure correct procedures are carried out.

Regards to all

t

Regards the videos - to be fair the EA was ok in the first one.

t

I'm not sure whether or not links are allowed on here but one YouTube video that I saw for myself today could almost certainly be used by Equita in their training sessions to show new bailiffs how the company expect their agents to act when attending a debtors property !!! If anyone wanted proof that 'rouge bailiffs' are on the decline..this was a good example.

PS: If I see one more of these silly videos with debtors claiming that a warrant needs a 'wet ink' signature I will scream ..........

As soon as I see and hear the wet signature malarkey, I go cold and despair for the debtor the FMOL dude is trying to help. The guy in the Berlingo who clamped the Motability car is the pits, as professional as te Keystone Cops, he could be used as an example of how not to do it.

You have performance issues in any industry and it is up to EA companies to train their agents properly, then monitor their work on a regular basis. I suspect that the aggressive agents may be the best performers in terms of obtaining monies due and therefore some actions may be overlooked or just considered assertive.

As soon as I see and hear the wet signature malarkey, I go cold and despair for the debtor the FMOL dude is trying to help. The guy in the Berlingo who clamped the Motability car is the pits, as professional as te Keystone Cops, he could be used as an example of how not to do it.

This is my point exactly the wrong way to do it, if they were to be more social so to speak maybe they could learn to lose the attitude and then go about their business professionally, unlike those that have shown how ugly this mode of collection really is.

As far as the wet signature goes it is a laugh but if you have seen how lax some Courts are when issuing bulk warrants they get read and as the bench are busy they give the EA the stamp to finalize them, no true I hear you scream, its true I have seen it in my Courts. Normal with warrants of entry for gas and electric.

At post #14 this is a bit worrying to hear, but I know what you are saying, but the rules are the rules and no one is exempt are they, again bending the rules to suit. Not right ....

So why is that police woman in the first vid on #1 poking her nose in. This has nothing whatsoever to do with her, she can only be there to stop a breach of the piece and not wander around the debtors house looking at their property.

siding with the bailiff, even if they are right, is not her job. She is just a power crazy woman trying to boost her ego.

Again with these videos it is very easy for us to pick them apart, but the reason for posting of such videos is to show that the EA's really have not change what so ever excepting getting richer.... The new rules have really changed what exactly?

I don't for one minute condone breaking the rules, nor anything other than a pleasant attitude to the client. However, if anyone thinks for one minute that having a pleasant bailiff at your door is going to mean you're just going to invite them in to take control of goods (even if in some circumstances it's the right thing to let them in to see you've got nothing), they delude themselves. At the end of the day, most of us on here have said don't open the door to bailiffs, so we're not exactly encouraging the epitome of good manners.

They have a job to do, we want to help the debtors as much as possible. The two are never going to sit comfortably side by side.

From a different thread even this poster has noted that creditors treating debtors better gets results see here see #41

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?440249-Almost-statute-Barred-now-another-DCA/page3

citizen

I agree with most of the posts made so far, some of the trade give the rest a bad name, what I was/am trying to do is find out why they have such negative attitudes to some debtors? Is it possible they can change maybe some will some wont, not all are bad but the wrong ones are still causing such issues, and as some posts on CAG they go round in circles, a never ending circle.

I often clash with one on CAG but all in all they do have a job to do but they must do it right and stick within the rules......

I would opine that being intimidating gets them results. The ones we see are just a couple from thousand, so they probably have such a huge success rate acting how they do, they can't help it any longer.

I have always subscribed to the statement that "One is not automatically granted respect, but earns it".

My view absolutely! Well, an basic respect, ie dont hit, spit on or begin verbally assaulting someone for no reason, that is a basic respect we owe anyone we meet.

But we are expected to show some sort of greater respect to people just because they are a judge or an MP. Sorry, but neither demand a greater respect than anyone else imho.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This poor Policeman is totally out of his depth, but ignoring the filmers, Freeman crap such as "your committing treason, Constable" (wtf!!!!!) It is clear that Police Officers are in serious requirement of training with bailiff issues.

I don't understand why in these situations the Debtor don't use the obvious analogue to the situation when dealing with Policemen who dont understand the law, regarding warrants etc.

ie, are they allowed to go and break into a house without a signed warrant, or can they just assume there is one because someone has claimed there is a warrant on a non police computer?

The answer of course is no.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJSX0Nxj7uc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just seen this! If I understand it right, "someone" has removed the EA's Clamp without damaging it, the debtor has then using their own padlocks have locked it to the fence, to secure it, but is unwilling to remove his padlocks unless the EA's pay his fee's.

Nice to see a Constable who isn't only "talking bailiff"

Also, the Constable seems seriously p'd off that the EA's were trying to order him to Arrest the debtor - the chap deserves an award!

Even better, the Constable then says the only offence he has seen being committed, as the EA's cannot prove who removed the clamp is the EA's own van which is blocking a driveway.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]