Can A JSA Claiment have someone with them at their sign on meetings?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Quick question, one which would be helpful for many others as well.

1. Can someone have a friend with them when they go to the Job center to sign on? EG to act as a witness?

2. What part of the regulations allow this?

I am pretty sure the answer is yes, just need the regs to back me up when I go with my friend next. Today he opened his claim and I was refused permission to go up with him.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Thank you all kindly.

Now as the representative, can I make a complaint, or does the claimant have too?

The situation was that the claimant needed to go upstairs, I went to go through and I stated that I was with "him"

She said no, you have to wait down here.

No questions asked etc

I later asked for details to make a complaint to the center manager and explained why, she said I had no right to go up there. I explained that the regulations allow me to. She got quite rude about it.

Question is, as the non claimant do I do anything this time, or just take that handy document that I just printed out, with me next Wednesday :)

Along with the universal toolkit etc.

To quote a song, "I predict a riot"

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

:SabreSheep:

Your prediction of a riot may well come to pass. At the very least, there'll be lots of faff and fluster while the work coach goes to seek guidance from on high. Here's some more ammunition;

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/accompanied_at_the_job_centre#incoming-632922

(You need the fourth attachment)

:laser:

Personally, I wouldn't bother with a formal complaint over this cos you don't need the stress. Complaints to Jobcentreplus are hard work for little, if any, reward. However if you want to complain; as your friend's representative, you'll need written third party authority from your friend to act on his behalf.

Best wishes, Margaret.

Thanks Margaret.

Im determined that my friend will not get ripped off like he did years ago last time he signed on when he was sanctioned, won his appeal and then they closed his claim and refused to backdate the sanction etc. Basically it meant that he lost all faith in the system and has existed pennyless since then.

Im determined to get im back in the system and back to a postion where he can get a job :)

Also bear in mind that as an interested party and on a previous occasion been subject to a worker not correctly following the rules, you may wish to state that you want the interview held in private and recorded. Again special rules apply and this will need to be asked for in advance so that the interview room is prepared and available, this will save further delays.

See here https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/recording_meeting_with_jobcentre

Then you can use this information at a later date if it is needed.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.