Problems with Groupon

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3297 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently purchased a 7 pce rattan dining set for the garden using Groupon for the first time.

I was impressed that delivery was excellent as it was coming from Stuttgart and arrived in two days.

On unpacking it took me 4 1/2 hours to put six chairs up and was very happy with them.

On unpacking the table the holes did not line up so could not put any screws in.

I immediately phoned Groupon to report this but it took me 15-20 minutes on each occasion trying to get through.

I was told it would take 10 days for someone to contact me via email (it was being passed to a "higher department")

(I was not allowed to speak to anyone with any authority)

I agreed to this, although why it would take 10 days is anyone's guess.

Half way through the 10 day period I telephoned again just to see how my issue was getting on

to be told the same thing as in the first call and it was also revealed I was speaking to someone in the Phillipines and not the UK!

Apparently the Phillipines pass on any complaints back to the UK for their team to deal with.

Although I am very happy with the chairs all I want is a replacement table - has anyone had similar problems with Groupon?

I would be happy to hear how you got on.

Frustrated to say the least and have delayed buying the other items I was going to purchase from them.

I have also read on another consumer site that the OFT have issued them a warning.

Edited by olivia4