Cardiff - Intended Prosecution....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2930 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well done.

One query - your above post seems not to be full of the altruism of this one -

If this truly is your motive, I trust you have already made appropriate representations to whomsoever is responsible for road signage at the location - and maybe the Orders imposing speed limits, etc, etc. These are the concerns of other than the police, who just enforce on the basis of the paperwork sooner than what they see on the street.

I am sure many motorists would appreciate that constructive response sooner than what could be seen as a bit of vindictive crowing.

But with absolute sincerity I repeat my first two words above - "Well done".

I didn't feel the need to explain the whole scenario given this was not a team effort. I am grateful for your kind words.

But as you ask, my initial feeling was obviously ****ed off with a ticket when I was not aware of the speed limit. I do drive for a living and have not come across this before.

I have always been happy to fight the peoples corner if I feel there is justification and the amount of people caught by speed cameras in Cardiff compared to every other city got my spider senses tingling.

I made a video coming off the 50mph motorway to past the point of the speed camera following the exact route provided by their photographic evidence.

It was clear from 4 lanes out I could not be expected to see the 1, 30mph sign 10 meters before the speed camera. It would be completely against the speed cameras intention of safe driving, having to crane my neck and as buses ran on the inside lane it may well be hidden anyway. I also argued that there should be speed limit signs on either side of a 4 lane highway in order to inform drivers,( if they really wanted to slow drivers down). Their own evidence being that all they had to do was supply 1 speed sign, there after the distance between the lamp posts would indicate a 30mph speed limit.

In a friendly business like, off the record discussion they agreed with my points and withdrew any prosecution as it headed to court. As I understand it they will be putting up speed signs so that the inside and outside lanes will be able to see. They will be placed shortly after entering onto the 30mph Rd and with plenty of distance before the speed camera.

I now make regular trips to see my daughter in Cardiff and will be keeping an eye on the situation.

I personally see nothing wrong with 'vindictive crowing'..when someone says "M = motorway"

Instead of telling people why they can't do something against something that is clearly wrong.. we should fight together to get things changed. I didn't feel I got the support I needed here. I am not an educated man ..I needed help! We should have put our heads together and won this together.

Regards Jack

WON lloyds walked away after second hearing £10,000 2014

WON Mbna after 3rd hearing £5,000, 2014

WON Barclaycard 1st hearing £2015, 4,500