Losing my mind

finn2009
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3270 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, for the last 6 weeks I've noticed men in cars and vans ,

yes losing my mind because I think there following me,

came out of my corner shop this guy staring at me,

never thought no more about it,

then on another occasion I'm going out of my back garden, he's there again, and now there's a white van and a black van circling my house,

the guy in the black van parked outside my house for a few minutes then drove off, you must think I'm sad,

I don't go out very often do to my illness, so I know who's who when I'm sat gazing out my window,

I'm on benefits , so now paranoia has set in, 6 weeks I think they've had me under surveillance maybe more, what the heck is going on,

Take photos whenever you can and that will help you to confirm your fears

maybe make notes of the vans and reg numbers if you can? If they park up for a length of time maybe phone the police and tell them someone is acting suspiciously?

Thanks I have been making notes - thank you for your reply -

If you see a pattern to the vehicle registrations/time of day etc then phone the police on the non emergency number. The other year I noticed a man stood staring at my house. An hour later he was still there so I rang the police and they sent out a PCSO to have a word with him. Turned out to be completely innocent but the police said I had done the right thing by calling them and not approaching him etc

Good afternoon - update - the white van has been parked outside my house - the guy got out and went in the back for 15 mins - got back in the front wrote on a clip board and drove off- what the ech is going on - i'm going daft - ha!:???:

Is paranoia part of your condition? I ask because I couldn't care less if someone was surveilling me (it would be very boring). As long as we've been honest about our conditions then there is nothing to worry about.

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

Hmm, a few ways of dealing with this I feel. Firstly, it could be (and probably is) nothing, look hard enough for something and you'll find it. However, if you feel in any way threatened, call the police. If you don't feel threatened, go and say hello - there's every chance that they're multi-drop delivery drivers.

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

Is paranoia part of your condition? I ask because I couldn't care less if someone was surveilling me (it would be very boring). As long as we've been honest about our conditions then there is nothing to worry about.

PARANOIA! Yes I worry about everything - and I also don't like people staring at me through my window

I live on my own and have felt worried - that's why I put on here - just to tell some one really - yes i'm sad

Hmm, a few ways of dealing with this I feel. Firstly, it could be (and probably is) nothing, look hard enough for something and you'll find it. However, if you feel in any way threatened, call the police. If you don't feel threatened, go and say hello - there's every chance that they're multi-drop delivery drivers.

Thank you....

I can understand how you feel - the only thing I can say is that I do not think if you were under surveillance that they would let you see them.

The whole point is to catch you or anyone else they are watching 'out' and they cannot do that if they give themselves away.

I find it sad how things have become so difficult for those of us who suffer from MH issues - and feel we have to watch our backs.

Because we suffer from an illness that cannot be seen from the outside I feel guilty and as if I am cheating the system if I dare to go out (not that I go out much because of my illness) but there is a fear there all the same.

I would have a word with the police, as already said, give them the van numbers and let them see who it is.

I only say this because I understand and not to condemn you, but I really do know how easy it is to get an idea into your head and not be able to shake it.

It is not that we 'look' for things, it is the way the illness effects us - we do not always see things in the rational cold light of day sense.

PARANOIA! Yes I worry about everything - and I also don't like people staring at me through my window!!!!!!! I live on my own and have felt worried - that's why I put on here - just to tell some one really - yes i'm sad

Have you spoken to your GP or mental health professional about your worries and increasing paranoia? Yes, finding out about these vans may help allay this particular worry, but you may need an increase in treatment or a referral or additional help. In the end we're just pixels on a screen, talking to a real person who can provide support is much better.

I can understand how you feel - the only thing I can say is that I do not think if you were under surveillance that they would let you see them.

The whole point is to catch you or anyone else they are watching 'out' and they cannot do that if they give themselves away.

I find it sad how things have become so difficult for those of us who suffer from MH issues - and feel we have to watch our backs.

Because we suffer from an illness that cannot be seen from the outside I feel guilty and as if I am cheating the system if I dare to go out (not that I go out much because of my illness) but there is a fear there all the same.

I would have a word with the police, as already said, give them the van numbers and let them see who it is.

I only say this because I understand and not to condemn you, but I really do know how easy it is to get an idea into your head and not be able to shake it.

It is not that we 'look' for things, it is the way the illness effects us - we do not always see things in the rational cold light of day sense.

Thank you so much - yes I suffer really bad with MH issues - and its very hard for me to explain to any one how I feel - I don't want to be judged - your reply has helped me - thank you

Have you spoken to your GP or mental health professional about your worries and increasing paranoia? Yes, finding out about these vans may help allay this particular worry, but you may need an increase in treatment or a referral or additional help. In the end we're just pixels on a screen, talking to a real person who can provide support is much better.

I'm seeing my Dr on Wednesday - yes your right " pixels on a screen " but it has helped me -

I'm seeing my Dr on Wednesday - yes your right " pixels on a screen " but it has helped me -

Yes it does help to voice our concerns, whether it be in real life to someone or on a screen as said.

Sometimes we need to voice our worries just to make sure we are really thinking them (I know people who do not suffer from MH problems will struggle to understand that)!

Writing them down also helps to stop them getting bigger and bigger inside our head - it releases the pressure valve somewhat.

Good luck with your GP - and I know how hard it is to get the thoughts inside our head across to anyone.

I take a note pad to my GP and CPN of which I have made notes because I know I will have forgotten by the time I next see them.

Thank you so much for your support - yes I have to make notes I forget - I get so confused - hidden illness is awful - so till Wednesday - Dr will probably incarcerate me - Black and White vans - ha!

Maybe the goons from capita TVL tv licensing after one of your neighbours they have been known to park up and get in the back, also point a camera at houses , which they may be using the zoom lens to see signs of a tv in use at unlicensed addresses , if it is them they are well known to avoid any confrontation and will drive away as soon as someone approaches them,lol there are some videos on youtube about it

I'm glad you've been helped. A site like this is often a great first step, but we're no substitute for a professional, so it's great you're also seeing your gp.

Maybe the goons from capita TVL tv licensing after one of your neighbours they have been known to park up and get in the back, also point a camera at houses , which they may be using the zoom lens to see signs of a tv in use at unlicensed addresses , if it is them they are well known to avoid any confrontation and will drive away as soon as someone approaches them,lol there are some videos on youtube about it

Ha ha! That's made me laugh - thank you I will have a look..... I wouldn't have thought - thought the TV Licence spies were out of business - you have to sign a form when you purchase a TV.

I'm glad you've been helped. A site like this is often a great first step, but we're no substitute for a professional, so it's great you're also seeing your gp.

Thank you.

Ha ha! That's made me laugh - thank you I will have a look..... I wouldn't have thought - thought the TV Licence spies were out of business - you have to sign a form when you purchase a TV.

sign a form? I have never signed any form when I have bought a tv, well not in the past few years

sign a form? I have never signed any form when I have bought a tv, well not in the past few years

Yes your supposed to - they send it off to tv licensing department - actually when I bought mine a few years ago I took my tv licence with me -

Yes your supposed to - they send it off to tv licensing department - actually when I bought mine a few years ago I took my tv licence with me -

I think that is now no obligation to give personal details to the shop that sells you a tv..

I think it's now automatic when you buy a tv, you don't sign a form but you get asked for your address so they can register

the warranty and information gets sent to TV licensing, at least thats what has happened with me the past two years.

Bought a TV for son last year and received notice from TV peeps about no license and same this year when I got new one for myself.

I don't watch live TV, just play films via USB or catchup tv so don't need a license but tv was still registered when I purchased it.