Murdered by the Internet

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.theguardian.com/society/2015/apr/21/woman-dies-after-taking-diet-pills-bought-over-internet

If you read that, you should be shocked. This is closer to home for me than the girl in the report above, my niece also died 10 days ago, (and will be buried tomorrow), from diet pills bought over the internet, she was just 25 years old.

Please people, especially women, you have no idea who are making and selling these pills. The adverts are all lies and the pills are filled out with anything that comes to hand. They use a web address ending in .co.uk to make it seem as if they are local and in the UK where the regulations are strict. The makers don't give a damn that the ingredients are deadly poison, most of them originate from China so it doesn't affect them.

If there was such a thing as diet pills, your GP would give them to you, so stop being stupid and take proper advice.

Conniff Sorry to hear about your loss please accept my condolences.

This is an awful story and brave of you to post such sensitive info, I hope your post is well read and that young girls/ladies stop doing this... It is an awful market.

MM

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Sorry to hear about your niece !

Does worry me that the UK authorities find it difficult to monitor what is going on. Surely more should be done to stop these packages being delivered. I suspect that there are warehouses in the UK where these Chinese companies distribute their products from and more effort needs to be made to close this route down. They are potentially more harmful than many illegal drugs.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Surely more should be done to stop these packages being delivered.

Royal Mail is the largest carrier in the UK delivering illicit drugs. Unfortunately, once the package is "in the system", RM are obliged by law to deliver it to the final address. About the only exception to this is when there is a clear and definite presence of danger (e.g. a ticking letter bomb).

There was a case a few years ago when a postal worker raised concerns about a strong smell from a package in a sorting office. The police were called and the smell identified as being cannabis. Arrangements were made for officers to accompany the postman to the delivery address where the recipient was arrested and the package seized. The sender had thoughtfully put a return address on the package, so he also got an unexpected visit around the same time.

For Royal Mail and other organisations to scrutinise the contents of packages going through the system would require fundamental changes to the law as well as scrapping any rights to privacy that we may have.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

I watch far too much Nothing to Declare; but I'm surprised that packages aren't routinely scanned before being sent out. But as ever, the majority of us who do order stuff online, are ordering perfectly legit stuff.

Conniff - sorry to hear about your niece.