Problems paying Provident loans

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3174 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hmm thats 40 days of hell id rather not see of them just turning up and making it difficult. I think SAR --> Complaint --> Payment Arrangement

Thats if the CCA is compliant and also if they refuse to write it off...

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm thats 40 days of hell id rather not see of them just turning up and making it difficult. I think SAR --> Complaint --> Payment Arrangement

Thats if the CCA is compliant and also if they refuse to write it off...

Thank you for replying again. I'm not sure what you mean by SAR - Complaint - Payment Arrangement?

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

SAR for all info. Once gotten complain... ONLY then should you do a payment arrangement if there is no write off or if the CCA is compliant.

Is that a help? :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Yes, thank you.

They can't afford the current payments though, as their income recently reduced to benefits only. That's why I thought we'd ask for token payments.

Sorry if that isn't what you meant.

HB

I'm trying to play within the rules...

Debt still gets paid whether they like it at its current rate or not...

Then it's off to the FOS if they don't help... Making a token payment. It's not debt avoidance... But it gives the maximum effect for the result we ideally want.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Thanks for the PM Honeybee, explains quite a lot.

Like I said, amend the above process to suit the situation a bit more. That complaint letter, the evidence is the MOST Important thing.

This will give a new meaning to "Irresponsible Lending"...

Now... Im off to Harvester to enjoy a breakfast thats well deserved :p

Keep us posted, I want to see what happens with this.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Benefits = £1 a month, end of!

They know it, we know it, they don't want us to know we know they know it!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Its Peter Crook... So aptly named xd... I have his email address if you need it :p

Considering the situation, I would think it would be possible.

But that letter will be key, youll need along with written confirmation from the husband. That if a loan is deffo in his name.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Provi will have to deal with you if the Hubby gives them his permission for you to deal with this matter yes.

I think there may be a specific letter somewhere? Might be on the MALG site?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Its Peter Crook... So aptly named xd... I have his email address if you need it :p

Considering the situation, I would think it would be possible.

But that letter will be key, youll need along with written confirmation from the husband. That if a loan is deffo in his name.

Oops, blond moment over the name, thank you FKO. You put his email higher up the thread already. :)

Is it also worth ringing the number on the link BB posted to have a conversation with the people who are meant to help when you're having difficulties paying?

Finally, can I use email as written confirmation please?

HB

Oops, blond moment over the name, thank you FKO. You put his email higher up the thread already. :)

Is it also worth ringing the number on the link BB posted to have a conversation with the people who are meant to help when you're having difficulties paying?

Finally, can I use email as written confirmation please?

HB

You won't be able to ring them unless you have prior authority given by the account holder.

So long as an email doesn't bounce back, this is acceptable

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Thank you both. :)

I'm trying to get permssion from the relative's OH so I can speak to Provi. I did speak to them earlier and I think they would have put me through to the right department. As I was only ringing to find out what the system is, I rang off without giving any details and am waiting for agreement that I can try to get this moving in the right direction.

HB

• 2 weeks later...

I had a conversation with Provident's customer services today. To be fair, they said all the right things and told me they had noted the borrower's problem on their electronic record. I haven't heard yet if payments are being collected or not.

The SAR and request to pay token payments are being sent off.

Thank you for the advice, guys, I'll keep the thread updated.

HB

Please do HB! :)

I look forward to how this ends up. I am watching :)

If it comes to it and everything goes the way it goes then I hope these get written off. Im glad they have been good and not being difficult. I just hope that the conversation we had means youll get control over the whole situation.

FKO...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 months later...

Sorry it's been a while since I updated this.

I've had a letter from Provident saying that they've arranged for the account to be held for 3 months rather than the 6 months we asked for. That ends next month. They've transferred the account to the Central Collections department and won't be sending an agent. It's not clear from their letter whether not sending an agent is long term or just for the 3 months the account is on hold.

They say they'll be sending the SAR information, although there's no sign of it yet.

HB

Hi HB

Thank you for updating the thread. For now it's the best thing to hold out for the SAR as mentioned.

The sustained arrears are likely to result in it remaining in central collections.

I'll help you draft a letter if need be once you have received a SAR.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Have they breached the rules on the SAR (40 days)? If so, they need a gee up.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE