How long will I have before the leeches trace me down?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We are moving back to the UK in a few months time after six years living in Australia.

When we moved over here,

initially I was paying my credit card debts until I just couldn't afford it anymore due to living expenses,

and the charges the banks charged every time I transferred money to the UK.

I have never been contacted by anyone during my time here or heard from anyone at all,

although I did receive a letter regarding a strange account number,

which could have been from a DCA,- that was two years ago.

All my creditors knew that I was in Australia.

Once we are back,

I'm planning to not to have anything on my name, no bills, not a car, not on a rental contract, will definitely won't go on the electoral roll,

I won't even have a mobile contract and most importantly will never ever apply for a credit card or a loan ever again.

The only slight problem might be having a bank account, but I have one joint account with my OH.

I was just wondering how long will it take before the threats start to arrive?

it does help you to 'hide'

you certainly need to be on the electoral role etc etc.

I would suggest, that,

unless anyone has attained a CCJ within the last 6yrs

[and that could simply be set aside as you were abroad and they were notified as such]

the debts will all be statute barred.

end of the issues.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

We are moving back to the UK in a few months time after six years living in Australia.

When we moved over here,

initially I was paying my credit card debts until I just couldn't afford it anymore due to living expenses,

and the charges the banks charged every time I transferred money to the UK.

I have never been contacted by anyone during my time here or heard from anyone at all,

although I did receive a letter regarding a strange account number,

which could have been from a DCA,- that was two years ago.

All my creditors knew that I was in Australia.

Once we are back,

I'm planning to not to have anything on my name, no bills, not a car, not on a rental contract, will definitely won't go on the electoral roll,

I won't even have a mobile contract and most importantly will never ever apply for a credit card or a loan ever again.

The only slight problem might be having a bank account, but I have one joint account with my OH.

I was just wondering how long will it take before the threats start to arrive?

You will struggle to remain a secret in terms of official record e.g credit reference agencies.

If you are linked on your UK credit record to your OH, then at some point they may see his address change on his credit record and then they will contact you. But they will only pick this up, if they are looking at the debts. If they are debts that are 6yrs+, then debt collection agencies may not be looking at them very often, as they have fresher meat to go after.

All you can do is see how it goes and if they contact you then to deal as appropriate. Don't ever talk to them on the phone, as they are not always going to give you accurate information i.e tell you porkies to gain payment and always insist on them writing to the address they hold for you. If they phone, get them to confirm the address, don't tell it, as they may not have all the information.

You can check for CCJ's at your last UK address using the Trustonline site, but they charge a small fee for this. It is not unknown for creditors to obtain CCJ's by default in peoples absence, even if they knew they were outside the UK. If you did find a CCJ, if the date of judgement is within 6 years of whenever you come back to the UK, you could apply for it to be set aside or just wait for 6 years to go by and then it comes off your record, plus it would be difficult to enforce. Normally they have 6 year to enforce a CCJ and this cannot usually be extended.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks for the replies.

Unclebulgaria,

I'll probably check for any CCJ-s once I'm in the UK so I can deal with it straight away, rather having to worry about it whilst I'm still here if I do find that they obtained CCJ in my abscence... I'd be fuming.

If I do find that they indeed obtained CCJ-s in my absence, then which would be the better way, having it set aside citing the reasons of living overseas or let it coming off my records? I'm just wondering if I had to apply for set aside then would it be an admission of the debt? (by which time it would probably fall off my credit record anyway) OR let it fall off my records without challenging it?

Trust online is the place to check for any CCJ's, costs £4 I think|? http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

Sorry UB, just seen that you already suggested TOL...... my bad!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

it does help you to 'hide'

you certainly need to be on the electoral role etc etc.

I would suggest, that,

unless anyone has attained a CCJ within the last 6yrs

[and that could simply be set aside as you were abroad and they were notified as such]

the debts will all be statute barred.

end of the issues.

dx

When you say I certainly need to be on the electoral role, what they will do if I don't put myself on the electoral role? Isn't it normally addressed to "The Occupier" first anyway? I know they threaten you with fines if you don't fill out the forms correctly, but they are just that... empty threats. Just curious.

No it doesn't matter f you're not on the electoral role, I wasn't on it until this year.

The threats of 'fines' are laughable at best, I used to put their empty threats straight in the bin.

Others claim it affects your ability to obtain credit, but again, this is another myth, I had credit all my life without being on the register!

Only now do i no longer have any credit.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No it doesn't matter f you're not on the electoral role, I wasn't on it until this year.

The threats of 'fines' are laughable at best, I used to put their empty threats straight in the bin.

Others claim it affects your ability to obtain credit, but again, this is another myth, I had credit all my life without being on the register!

Only now do i no longer have any credit.

One of the things I do agree with the freeman of the land, is that as soon as you are born you become a 'subject'. You are registered by your parents at birth, because if they did not do so, they would get fined. At every stage in your life you are registered officially on records and as time goes by, you will be recorded on even more databases which can be checked.

You do not have to be on the electoral register, but of course you have to by law o be included on a census every 10 years.

I remember seeing a programme on private detectives who could access any information they wanted. Some of what they were doing was illegal, but I suspect that data is more widely available to DCA's than they would admit to.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread